GM Volt Forum banner

Instant karma's gonna get you!

863 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Upper5Percent 
#1 ·
The Fisker is back! Well, sort of. The Chinese bought the rights, moved the factory to California, and will be selling the Karma in 2018. It's probably the same questionable build quality as before, but at least it's another PHEV to choose from.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2018-karma-revero-first-drive-review/

What do we have so far? The Volt, CT6, Ionic, i3, Karma, C-Max, Fusion... There are quite a few choices for those of us with range anxiety. I hope it will expand further. Oh, the next Volvo 60 series also. The future is bright!

#5 ·
It's Ioniq, not ionic. Also, don't forget used ELRs. Plus Volvo is already shipping XC90 PHEVs. My brother in law got one last year. 7 passenger, not as much EV range as a volt, but AWD and cargo more than makes up for that. It's perfect for those who live in downtown Chicago and only have a 5 mile drive to work. Does the i8 or NSX count? No range anxiety there, but both of these have electric motors for performance, not fuel efficiency.

#6 ·
The bad news is that the plans are pretty modest compared to previous strategies, and only 100-150 cars are to be made and sold at higher price (apparently $135,000).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.