GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a VoltScreen on Wednesday, and it was delivered on Saturday. Of course the USPS bent the package. I laid it on the edge of the kitchen table and straightened it up best I could. I think you can still see the crease in the first picture. It installed easy with only 2 ty-raps but is also held in place by the license plate holder. I wanted to remove the holder since front plates are not required here, but it appears to be pop riveted in place. I've already ordered a cool plate to replace the Carmax one:

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
I probably need to buy these considering the potential for expensive damage to the Volt's cooling system, but I wish the mounting was more invisible and the fit a little better as seen in the lower photo.

Re the mounting, I installed the C5 Z06 brake cooling duct screens on my 99 Vette, and it mounted with two sided tape. It lasted years to include many HSDE.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I probably need to buy these considering the potential for expensive damage to the Volt's cooling system, but I wish the mounting was more invisible and the fit a little better as seen in the lower photo.

Re the mounting, I installed the C5 Z06 brake cooling duct screens on my 99 Vette, and it mounted with two sided tape. It lasted years to include many HSDE.
Even if the fit is not perfect, no one will notice. It's practically invisible from human eye level unless someone was specifically looking at it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi JuneBug,

Unfortunately, the USPS gets a little over-eager with the packages once in a great while and the VoltScreen pays the price. I'm looking at other ways to package it, but all of the options that I've explored will result in a price increase. Probably I need to make it happen, but being a skinflint at heart, I don't like to spend more of your money for you if I don't have to.

And I'm not sure what's up with that side. That just should not be. I'm going to re-check the jig, but I suspect it is the jig operator's error. My apologies for that, there is a little variation at times, but that won't do. I'm going to get another one on the way to you in tomorrow's mail. Thank you for letting me know about that issue.

Steve

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

I used smaller zip ties on mine and I think they are nearly invisible. No one, that has seen it, has noticed that it is an after market add on.
It has been installed almost 2.5 years and it does have a few nicks from a rocks, but better than that, is that it catches most bugs bigger than a gnat and keeps them out of the radiators. I have never had another car with radiators as clean as my Volt's after 20K+ miles.

IMG_2111.jpg

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I want to thank Steve (Scarlett1) for sending me a replacement VoltScreen to replace the ill-fitting one pictured above. The new one appears perfect, but since I've been traveling, I haven't had a chance to install it yet. When I do, I'll post a before and after picture here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts