GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I found a used 2012 Volt Premium online and was hoping to get some input from the pros on here. It is Red with Pebble Beige interior, looks to be in great shape. One issue is the mileage, ~85,000. I asked for the lifetime mpg and it is around 45 which is very low. I've checked the Carfax and it is a clean, one owner car. Obviously this individual drove longer trips in the car (or never bothered to charge it). It's at a Chevy dealership and the asking price is $11,777. I was thinking if I could get it closer to 10k it might not be a bad deal. I would probably put 6-7k miles/yr on it, so I'm not necessarily afraid of the mileage, but it all comes down to the price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nEfmhVNKPM

Any advice or questions I should ask? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Lots of info on G.E.'s leased Volts for which gas was free, but charging was on the driver's nickel. So, mostly gas miles. Will the dealer give you an extended warranty or certification? I would take it, if available.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Hi everyone.

I found a used 2012 Volt Premium online and was hoping to get some input from the pros on here. It is Red with Pebble Beige interior, looks to be in great shape. One issue is the mileage, ~85,000. I asked for the lifetime mpg and it is around 45 which is very low. I've checked the Carfax and it is a clean, one owner car. Obviously this individual drove longer trips in the car (or never bothered to charge it). It's at a Chevy dealership and the asking price is $11,777. I was thinking if I could get it closer to 10k it might not be a bad deal. I would probably put 6-7k miles/yr on it, so I'm not necessarily afraid of the mileage, but it all comes down to the price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nEfmhVNKPM

Any advice or questions I should ask? Thanks in advance!
Depends on what you want to pay. Personally, I would go lower mileage because they are not hard to find and aren't selling well. I have seen low mileage loaded Volts go for 12k-13k with warranty. If the price is right though, that is the main thing.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I owned a 2012 Premium and loved and really enjoyed the vehicle. Also, that model has the ability to play DVDs and has other equipment that was discontinued the following years. I sold my Volt to my son, who plans to keep and maintain it since it has the original black top and I believe will be a classic first edition. Go with you gut, If it feels right, jump in....good luck

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I think you are on to a good deal there. I am not close enough to the market to say if you could get that cheaper elsewhere. Assuming it is a fair price relative to the Volt market at this time, I think it is a great car for that money, compared to other models in that price range. And you definitely can afford to take a higher mileage one if your own driving will be that low. The engine has a lot of running time on it, but that is not important because you will likely hardly ever use the engine anyway, so it won't wear out. And the battery should be relatively fresh since the first owner didn't put many charge cycles on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts