GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Samsung Galaxy Prime connects with no problems. The phone book is downloaded and I can browse it on the screen. When I short press the Talk button and say "DIAL 555-555-5555" it works no problem. When I say "DIAL Joe Smith at home" it says command unrecognized. If I switch to the internal phone book and manually store Joe Smiths' home number, the command will work.

Now, if I long hold the Talk button to access my phone via bluetooth, I can dial anybody in my phonebook no problem.

So my questions is
Is it possible to short press the Talk button and dial a contact using the phonebook imported from my phone. Is this a limitation of my phone (Galaxy Prime is a lower end phone)?

BR

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to bump this one.

Is is possible to short press the talk button and voice dial from an imported phonebook through bluetooth? Can't seem to get that working on my car.

BR

·
Registered
23 Posts
the short press uses the cars voice recognition, long press activates the phones voice recognition software(iOS or Android)

and according to the MyLink manual(pg. 86):

"“Call <contact name> At Home,”“At Work,” “On Mobile,” or “On Other” : Initiate a call to an entered contact and location at home, at work, on mobile device, or on another phone."

·
Registered
125 Posts
you should use google's voice recognition. it is so much better.

to do that, you can either use Android Auto (press the mic icon on the AA interface), or use the "voice pass through" feature.

the "voice pass through" should work for both bluetooth and Android Auto modes. You simply press and hold the "voice command" button the steering wheel for 3 seconds, then you should hear your phone beep for your Google Now voice command. You can then say "call Joe smith at home".

before I have android auto, my favorite way is to say "ok google" and wake up my phone from dim state, then I can say any google now voice command, including "navigate to ..." or "call ...". However, Android auto disabled the "ok google" interface. it is very annoying that I can no longer do this hands-free.

the onboard voice recognition is much more picky than google's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a similar problem, in my case it's even worse. when i pick the contact, press dial, it just returns back. Not dialing. Let me try dialing a number now and see if it works.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 3 second press of voice command button works fine. I can use my phone to "call Joe..."

I was just wondering why when I short press the button and say "call Joe, or dial joe" it does not work. Is this feature for stored phone numbers in the car? The phone book has been downloaded on the car, so I know the names are there.

you should use google's voice recognition. it is so much better.

to do that, you can either use Android Auto (press the mic icon on the AA interface), or use the "voice pass through" feature.

the "voice pass through" should work for both bluetooth and Android Auto modes. You simply press and hold the "voice command" button the steering wheel for 3 seconds, then you should hear your phone beep for your Google Now voice command. You can then say "call Joe smith at home".

before I have android auto, my favorite way is to say "ok google" and wake up my phone from dim state, then I can say any google now voice command, including "navigate to ..." or "call ...". However, Android auto disabled the "ok google" interface. it is very annoying that I can no longer do this hands-free.

the onboard voice recognition is much more picky than google's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still had this problem. Went to the dealership. There actually was an update released on January 31st that took care of this problem. All works now. Short press will access my phonebook now

BR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts