GM Volt Forum banner

Impressed with dealer white glove treatment for battery enhancement...

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Toasty 
#1 ·
Dropped the Volt off for the airbag check and battery enhancement service and got a loaded Buick LaCrosse to use through July 4th. This is basically a land yacht. I couldn't get a Vette but had a choice of 8 GM models. The dealer has a detailing company come in to detail the car and they're giving me 2 months of gas (6 gallons).... the downside, I filled up the loaner with $53 or what the Volt costs in fuel for 5,000 miles of driving... It appears you have to ask for the free detailing and free gas fill-up....

MrEnergyCzar

#2 ·
Lucky you but my experience with many in S Fl they are crooked in dealings with customers ...sadly they cud make more by being upfront and provide good service ... word of mouth is a better advertisement than putting ads in news papers ..ever saw a cae sale with a vin # on it when you go to look at the brand that car is not thare but they will sell you something with thousands more in price ...lol

#3 ·
Dropped the Volt off for the airbag check and battery enhancement service and got a loaded Buick LaCrosse to use through July 4th. This is basically a land yacht.
MrEnergyCzar
How was the Buick LaCrosse? if GM doesn't deliver the Chevy Volt soon to my area, I will buy the eAssist LaCrosse. It isn't a EREV yet but I believe that it will get the Voltec treatment and become the Electra.;)

#4 ·
It appears you have to ask for the free detailing and free gas fill-up....
So you dropped it off, and asked for free detailing and a free fill-up? How did you know that your dealer would do so?

#6 ·
Actually I did not think you had to ask for it. I was told GM told the dealers to do it and I'm sure they are reimbursed for the gas.

I had an excellent experience with my battery tunnel enh as well. They genuinely wanted me to be satisfied with my experience.

#5 ·
Must be nice... I recently had the recalls done on my Volt and was given an Impala with close to 30,000 miles via the local Enterprise rental facility. The Impala stunk like smoke, made weird sounds while driving, and the interior windows were so dirty I had to clean them when I got home. The representative at the rental facility said the dealership required we be given a GM vehicle of which they had two Impalas... would've been nice to get the newer clean looking 300 or Maxima they had.

#7 ·
I was also impressed with how my dealer handled the updates. They filled up the gas tank, charged the battery and washed the car (wouldn't consider it detailing, but not bad).

The rental provided was a couple year old HHR. Wow what a different driving experience compared to my Volt!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.