GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at the mychevrolet app. Specifically the service history and noticed a reference to the Impala 2-year maintenance plan. Obviously I have a Volt so I'm wondering if this is a generic place holder for a set of tasks to be performed or if someone has messed up. Anyone see this on their reports?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Normally I would not expect there to be any maintenance in 2 years on a Volt except for windshield wipers, rotating tires and adding washer fluid, unless you drive a huge amount on gas, subsequently requiring an oil change.

The oil may require changing at the end of 2 years - the volt will tell you when necessary/

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Was looking at the mychevrolet app. Specifically the service history and noticed a reference to the Impala 2-year maintenance plan. Obviously I have a Volt so I'm wondering if this is a generic place holder for a set of tasks to be performed or if someone has messed up. Anyone see this on their reports?
I don't see Service History on my MyChevrolet app. Where do you see it?

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
There is a column on the left and one of the items in maintenance. Within that is service history.
I'm using the iPhone app, I don't see any item named Maintnance nor can I find any service history

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. It doesn't appear in the iPhone app, but I found using a browser at my.chevrolet.com

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Just make sure you take your Volt in before the two years are up. It can happen if you're not paying attention. Other than an oil change it's just tire rotations and fluid inspections.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
For the first four years of my 2009 Chevy Equinox, the dealer was doing it for a charge. Since I drive very little miles a year (less than 3,000), I now wait until the "oil life remaining" message shows 10% or less which could be over a year later. And I do my own oil changes, too. The higher Equinox ride height allows me to drain the oil and replace the filter without a lift or a jack. I do use Mobil 1 synthetic oil, which lasts long and protects the engine.

Changing oil will become as obsolete as changing spark plugs and setting ignition points. Newer synthetic oils are lasting over 24,000 miles, so a Volt can have its first oil change after five years or more!

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
For the first four years of my 2009 Chevy Equinox, the dealer was doing it for a charge. Since I drive very little miles a year (less than 3,000), I now wait until the "oil life remaining" message shows 10% or less which could be over a year later. And I do my own oil changes, too. The higher Equinox ride height allows me to drain the oil and replace the filter without a lift or a jack. I do use Mobil 1 synthetic oil, which lasts long and protects the engine.

Changing oil will become as obsolete as changing spark plugs and setting ignition points. Newer synthetic oils are lasting over 24,000 miles, so a Volt can have its first oil change after five years or more!
I think the Volt oil change meter will still make you change the oil after 2 years, no matter how few of miles you drive

·
Registered
208 Posts
when I bought my 2015 volt in 2015 my Chevrolet dealer told me that GM bought 2 oil changes/tire rotations per year for the first 2 years.
the wording is every 3,000 miles,but as we seldom use ice and primarily use ev miles, we agreed to me coming in every six month's for my oil changes/tire rotation's.
I am at 84% on my oil life meter,and I am due next month for my oil change/tire rotation

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
when I bought my 2015 volt in 2015 my Chevrolet dealer told me that GM bought 2 oil changes/tire rotations per year for the first 2 years.
the wording is every 3,000 miles,but as we seldom use ice and primarily use ev miles, we agreed to me coming in every six month's for my oil changes/tire rotation's.
I am at 84% on my oil life meter,and I am due next month for my oil change/tire rotation
I can't believe the dealership service department is clueless on how the Volt works. Changing oil every 3K miles on a volt is a waste of dino Juice. My first oil change wasn't until 23k miles. Just follow the oil change meter on the DIC or the monthly OnStar statement.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I can't believe the dealership service department is clueless on how the Volt works. Changing oil every 3K miles on a volt is a waste of dino Juice. My first oil change wasn't until 23k miles. Just follow the oil change meter on the DIC or the monthly OnStar statement.
For that matter changing the oil on any modern mass produced vehicle every 3K miles is a waste of dino juice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts