GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I guess Tesla should be flattered that Honda is trying to copy the Model S...

·
Administrator
20,198 Posts
I'm having trouble seeing the similarity as well. 4 door sedan? :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm only noticing how silly Honda's wheels have gotten lately--on all their models. Is it just me, or does their new design language scream confused? I like interesting wheels, but most of Honda's new wheels look like they're just on the wrong car.

·
Registered
657 Posts
When I look at that Honda I see a Chev Impala........

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
When I look at that Honda I see a Chev Impala........
Chevy Impala with a dab of Ford Fusion. I saw a new 4 door sedan today that I couldn’t recognize. From the side I thought it could be a bmw, but from the back thanbadges were different. I’m going to have to surf around to see if I can figure what the heck that car was.

Edit: well that didn’t take long. The mystery car was a Chrysler 300...looks nothing like the holds/Impala/fusion.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't see it.

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
While we’re at it...audi a7

Infinity q70L (unfortunately it doesn’t come in red

Ford Fusion

BMW 6 series gran Turismo

Buick LaCrosse

Chevy Impala

Chevy Malibu

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
as if there was any originality with the S, lol wtfbbq

they had no idea how to draw up an EV cool look they even kept the grill; granted a slab of abs, but still it just goes to show how much they copied existing cars... but to claim people are copying them now.... oh my desperation sets in

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Looks like a Honda.:p

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I see it in the Mazda 3 also.

The fastback style has been a growing trend for well over a decade, IMO. And its aero advantages help with MPG or range, so that may be one factor in its popularity.

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
I see it in the Mazda 3 also.

The fastback style has been a growing trend for well over a decade, IMO. And its aero advantages help with MPG or range, so that may be one factor in its popularity.
Mazda should sue Tesla over the use of the 3 name. Alas BMW also has a 3 series. Then there's Intel and BMW, both with i3. I think the Mazda 6 would be a better example as the Mazda 3 is too small to be compared with a Tesla Model S. Sadly the Mazda Millenia and 929 are no longer - my mom had a Millenia, her daily driver after the Cadillac Seville with the crazy rear trunk.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Most modern sedans have the same sleek fast-back outline. That does not mean they are copying each other. It just means that when optimizing the aerodynamics of a sedan, physics leads everyone to nearly the same solution.

·
Registered
13,642 Posts

·
Registered
11,416 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Very few new cars are mostly original designs. Volt Gen 1 was mostly original--no sales breakthrough there. Copying successful designs is not all bad either, if it helps sales. Gen 2 did it. I like mine a lot, but other factors, such as price and no advertising have blunted its sales potential. Pity.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts