GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'd like to see if someone can provide an advice or a bit of info here...

I am trying to figure out if I would be able to get HOV / Carpool Stickers for California if I was going to buy a 2015 Volt today. I have a 100+ mile round trip daily commute and would love to have stickers, so if I cannot have it on a new car, I'd probably go ahead and buy an used Volt.

I was in Culver City (Bunnin Chevrolet of Culver City) a few days ago and the dealer was not able to answer this question with certainty (the answer was yes, but cannot guarantee it).

I checked the ca.gov site and the following is stated: "As of as April 8, 2015, the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has issued the 63,255 Green Clean Air Vehicle decals. The maximum number of decals available is 70,000." While this is encouraging, yet knowing a bit about how government works I'd assume there is a backlog of unprocessed applications and the size of the backlog is not disclosed on the ca.gov's website.

Any advice or suggestion is very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tramvaj

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Buy from a dealer that already has the stickers on the car ( Keys ) whom regularly has the lowest price in the country and is in your area

·
Banned
309 Posts
Text Rick at Keyes and ask him if they still have the HOV stickers.

818-231-1286

He seems to be the best source of information and he is more in tuned on the Volt that anybody else I have spoken with.

Tell him I sent you!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hello All,

I'd like to see if someone can provide an advice or a bit of info here...

I am trying to figure out if I would be able to get HOV / Carpool Stickers for California if I was going to buy a 2015 Volt today. I have a 100+ mile round trip daily commute and would love to have stickers, so if I cannot have it on a new car, I'd probably go ahead and buy an used Volt.

I was in Culver City (Bunnin Chevrolet of Culver City) a few days ago and the dealer was not able to answer this question with certainty (the answer was yes, but cannot guarantee it).

I checked the ca.gov site and the following is stated: "As of as April 8, 2015, the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has issued the 63,255 Green Clean Air Vehicle decals. The maximum number of decals available is 70,000." While this is encouraging, yet knowing a bit about how government works I'd assume there is a backlog of unprocessed applications and the size of the backlog is not disclosed on the ca.gov's website.

Any advice or suggestion is very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tramvaj
Yes, 99% chance you'll get a green sticker. And if past history means anything (two extensions), CARB will issue more stickers after the current allotment is reached.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a 2015 Volt today from Keyes in Van Nuys. They had the HOV stickers for the car there, and I got an amazing deal. The Sales Manager Jeff went out of his way to make sure I got taken care of. Rick your team was great. I have a 100+ mile commute also and the stickers will greatly reduce my time in traffic. Good luck with your purchase!

·
Banned
309 Posts
I just bought a 2015 Volt today from Keyes in Van Nuys. They had the HOV stickers for the car there, and I got an amazing deal. The Sales Manager Jeff went out of his way to make sure I got taken care of. Rick your team was great. I have a 100+ mile commute also and the stickers will greatly reduce my time in traffic. Good luck with your purchase!
Congrats! You will love your Volt for commuting and if you can charge at work while you park, you will really save on gas. It's great that you were able to take advantage of Rick's killer deals he is able to offer on the Volt now.

There's no better than Rick at Keyes! I send everyone I know to him that is looking for ANY Chevy.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Tried to PM you but your inbox is full, so I'll leave it here and you can PM me...

I'm interested in ordering a 2016 2LZ Volt w/ 106, V7X and V7Y. I have the ordering guide that came out about a couple of weeks ago but I'm still waiting on the pricing info due the end of this month... When will orders be able to be placed and what are you doing price-wise on the 2016s (I have the GM supplier discount and some others as well)? Can you guys beat the Costco and other deals?

Thanks!

I have stickers and great deals
Rick

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rick, what's a good deal right now. I have 700 credit and decent history for work/home ownership. Also, I work in Northridge, right around the corner from you.

·
Banned
309 Posts
Text Rick directly. He will give you all info and do what he can to get you into a new Volt before the end of the month, which is tomorrow!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.