GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,065 Posts
Personally, when I'm parking in an unfamiliar area, I drop a "pin" to indicate where I parked. It might not get me exactly where I parked but certainly close enough that I can find the car. I do however realize most people think they will remember but after a night out, sometimes you don't always remember exactly.

Fun related story, back in 2000, I went to NYC with some friends to see a concert. We drove up from Philly and met up with other friends from NYC. On the way back, I was to ride with one of the NYC guys back to Philly. We were dropped off near where he THOUGHT he parked. Long story short, we walked the streets of lower Manhattan for 2 hours looking for his car! I had no idea other than a "white Saturn". Of course smartphones and GPS weren't available at the time but it definitely taught me that even if your in a city your familiar with, you can still easily lose a car.

· Registered
1,065 Posts
I see your point alfon from an immediate profit opportunity however it's more about convenience for EV drivers and typically a way to draw in potential customers. Most businesses don't install charging to make a quick buck. In fact, most free charging locations are doing so in the hopes that its one less thing on your mind to worry about how much you're paying to park and charge but rather entice you to spend more time shopping because you're getting a "free charge". I think it's great that they're cracking down on these offenders. IMO it's no different than non-handicap persons using designated parking without they permit/placard as I realize some handicap persons have hidden problems. In fact, I do get upset when I go to one of my local grocers and they have a section of "clean air vehicle parking" and every time I go it's full of suburbans, trucks and other SUV's, none of which are even flex fuel much less any form of hybrid. It's not that they're any closer or "better" so these folks aren't gaining any sort of advantage by parking there.

1 - 2 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.