GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Chevy use the black and ice blue interior on any other cars? I have seen pictures and some I like and some I don't. There isn't one around here. Might I find this on another model Chevy on a dealer lot? (I'm having an easier time with blue seats than a blue plastic dash...)

Those of you in the know... thumbs up? Thumbs down? I didn't think I would, but I really like the black and tan leather -- I wish they were still offering that.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I’ve ordered a 2019 Volt with the porcelain blue interior despite not having seen it in real life (although I could go 15 miles down the road to Keyes Chevrolet in Van Nuys where they have one with it - not much help to you in Pennsylvania!). I currently have a 2016 Volt with black/brandy interior and like it, although at times I wish the brown color was a little darker and not quite as ‘peanutty’, particularly on the dash! So I'm expecting the porcelain blue color (with black dash) to be a nice change (I find fully black interiors too hot in the Southern California sun).

I’ve been studying some pictures and, in daylight, the porcelain blue color appears as a grayish white. But under fluorescent lighting, which has a more blue-shifted color temperature than the sun, the interior color is a rather more of a very pale blue.

For instance, frmr_pontiac_owner posted pictures here taken, I think, in fading sunlight.

And this electrek article has a picture taken on a cloudy day.

https://electrek.co/2018/09/21/2019-chevy-volt-more-electric-operation/

Both look like a very light gray.

In contrast, these pictures taken at Sunrise Chevrolet near Chicago under what looks like fluorescent lighting are distinctly blue, more like the ones on GM's Volt build site.

https://www.sunrisechevrolet.com/in...lt-premier-fwd-5d-hatchback-1g1rb6s53ku112857

As an aside, I’m wondering if you’ve already ordered your 2019 Volt. As I understand it, 30th November was the last day GM would accept a custom order into the factory. I placed an order that Friday afternoon and am expecting the car mid-to-late February, although I don’t have a Target Production Week (TPW) yet from the dealer (my third new Volt from Rydell!). If you haven’t placed an order with GM, then you might find limited colors and options available with the remaining Volts on dealer lots throughout the country. I could only find one silver ice metallic Volt with porcelain blue interior (at Sunrise) and it didn’t have the options I wanted (not to mention being rather far away from my location!).

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just got our 2019 Volt Premier with the Porcelain Blue interior and think it looks especially sharp, especially with the accent lights set to blue.
What an awesome car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same here, Black Premier 2019 with porcelain blue interior. However, for everyday use going back and forth to work, I put on seat covers to protect it and keep it from getting dirty. I remove the covers for weekend use. I can already see the armrest getting dirty. FYI...the seat covers are nothing fancy, just those Snap On covers that mechanics use when they enter a customers' vehicle.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts