GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my Volt to have badges, especially side ones (preferablly as small lightning bolts), that have a small green LED that goes on when in all electric mode. Have them turn white when the ICE is charging.

I want the world, or at least the cars beside me when I am stuck in traffic, to see the future of the automobile, and know that it is electric.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think the fact that your car isn't making any noise will be the first indication :)

On a humorous note I want badges that store excess electricity and allow me the ability to zap people making aggressive driving moves, such as cutting me off and such ;)
With that ability - do you know how many would sell??

haha

lil joke there.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Actually, Glen, the more I think about it, the badge idea is not bad at all. You could envision an add campaign centered around these badges, so the public, when they see one of these cars, has something to look for. The more they see it "green" in everyday normal circumstances; on the highway, at the malls, etc. the more it drives home the point that you don't have to give up anything to go "all electric".

Great idea. Sometimes its the little things that make the big impact.

GM, are you taking notes?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I want my Volt to have badges, especially side ones (preferablly as small lightning bolts), that have a small green LED that goes on when in all electric mode. Have them turn white when the ICE is charging.

I want the world, or at least the cars beside me when I am stuck in traffic, to see the future of the automobile, and know that it is electric.
Brilliant :cool:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think that won't work cause of the federal road rule. It would have to be orange for park light, and red for break light. If there wasn't any rule about the lights marker anywhere on the car. There would be all kind of neon light all over the cars in the past 20 years or so. You don't see any neon light under the car while it driving, It can light up the car as long it park. Go idea, but that won't happen.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Bummer! I love the idea of some kind of exterior visual indication of the mode of power for the car. That kind of gentle reminder to others that they are currently being hosed for gasoline while you are running gas-free would be a powerful nudge to the local chevy dealer for a test drive.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Didn't Pontiac have a name plate or something light up on the car in the past? I think "P O N T I A C" lit up on the rear fascia somewhere. Seems like there should be a way around the legal issue.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that such markings should be utilized. I really feel that for GM to capitalize on their efforts they must go beyond simple sales. The goal should be to have the VOLT and GM become synonymous with electric vehicles. Just how the Prius is with hybrids. That is why I suggested the illuminated badges. It is imperative to capitalize early on the novelty.

Lyle, acting as a neurologist, can explain the the improtance of the novelty gradient in neural network encoding, if he so wishes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts