GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 1999 Camry, at 225,000 miles, was flagging and so we started discussing what she wanted/needed in a new car. After a bit of discussion and a lot of research the Volt rose to the top of the pile, followed by the Tesla Model III, and then a Prius. Her goal was to minimize her use of fossil fuels, but not cripple our finances in the process. The Volt seemed to tick off all her requirements and wasn't hideous to look at either. The Model III isn't available yet, so that wasn't an option realistically. The Prius does well on gas mileage, but it doesn't eliminate it by any stretch. The Volt however could realistically eliminate her reliance on gasoline almost entirely except for special trips. There were no used Volts available locally so we test drove a 2016/2017 model (I'm not sure which as some places seem to use the years interchangeably.) She was sold on the idea. I found a few candidates on the west side of the state and from there we narrowed down the list. We now own a 2015 Volt with 7500 miles. It's lifetime fuel consumption stands at 120 miles. So far I'm loving this car. I wish it had a backup camera, but I can work around that.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts