GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like i said, I just happened to be browsing the forums and someone mentioned that the ELR was a good deal. So I started looking around and saw a couple here. One 2014 for 25k with 25k miles. Currently have a paid off 2014 premier with 45k miles. I love the look of the car and really would love to have one. Any comments for or against getting it? I have a 6 yr old but other than that I don't see any problems. My partner has a large enough car to get around.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I recently saw a black ELR and it was stunningly gorgeous, the Cadillac styling and chiseled lines just give the voltec platform a bold look.

No, you’re not crazy, I wish I had one. At the time we bought our Volt Premier the price of an ELR was near double Volt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
I absolutely love my 2016 ELR and haven't had any problems with it. It's much more fun to drive than my Volt, and a much, much nicer car. To me, it really was worth the price premium once they listened to feedback and improved the car (and reduced the prices) for 2016. The engineers did an amazing job creating a completely different car based on the Volt platform.

Be sure to research the difference between a 2014 and 2016 as they did make a lot of improvements. Also, remember that it's a small coupe (don't plan to use the back seat much) and unique parts may become an issue as time goes on. Mechanically, I think you're pretty safe, but interior parts, lights, trim, etc. may be an issue down the road. Other than that, I'd highly recommend one—definitely go take it for a test drive!

·
1,027 Posts
Do it. It's way better than a volt. Mine's a 2014.

You may want to consider a 2016, as they polished the handful of features like carplay/android auto, faster cue system, more power and battery and also warranty. Most 2014 will be out of their 4yr/50K mile b2b this year.

The only thing I miss over my 2015 Volt is the hatchback.

Everything else is better. Cadillac service has been absolutely exceptional. Not at all like Chevrolet. Competent techs, and service writers, new loaners of your pick off the lot. ELR has full maintenance included too. No nitpicking like Chevrolet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts