GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, after delaying Engine Maintenance Mode (EMM) four times Saturday night, I did it Sunday and it took 4 minutes and 3 seconds. I planned it so that I was on the freeway. It only ran for 0.6km (0.37 miles) and used 0.12 liters (0.03 gal) of gas.

I'm at 92% EV at 471 MPG (lifetime). :cool: I haven't been to a gas station since December of 2012.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, when did So.Cal. switch to the metric system? :)
You didn't know? ;)

Seriously...I've spent some time out of the country on projects and it was learn the metric system or struggle. So, I learned it and like the ease of use when calculating values in my head, so I leave it on metric most of the time. :D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks @David and @Zeede. I am fortunate that my work commute is 20 miles one way/40 miles round-trip. I don't have a charger at work, but I still get home with 10-12 miles left. I drive in "L" gear and (mostly) stay off the freeways. Here in Southern California, I really have no need for air conditioning most of the time. (nor heat, for that matter!) ;)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
The only gas I have burned in the last 14 months is from just EMMs. I have now had 10 in a row. It was pretty cool when I had the first one. I do my standing still as well. I believe it burns less gas that way as well. According to the OnStar data from VoltStats, it averages around 0.05 gallons.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Congratulations - Lucky you ! ... Maybe you guys should start an EMM Members only club.

One day I will see that screen and be able to join the club---(tears down the cheeks)....LOL

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I've never had one of these EMMs. How long/far do I have to go before it happens? 1 month without running the ICE?

I ask as I expect that I may have one before the end of May (if its based on calendar time) and would like some notion in my head about it.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I've never had one of these EMMs. How long/far do I have to go before it happens? 1 month without running the ICE?

I ask as I expect that I may have one before the end of May (if its based on calendar time) and would like some notion in my head about it.
6 weeks without the ICE running will get you the EMM.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
6 weeks without the ICE running will get you the EMM.
Actually you can still get an EMM if the engine did not run enough. If the engine only runs for a very short period of time, it is still possible to have an EMM. The only time my engine ran (except for EMM) since Feb 12, 2012 was due to the battery enhancement fix. The tech drove my car just past the range and I ended up getting around 2 ICE miles (I was not happy). Anyway, I still had an EMM at the expected 6 week interval.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
EMM club, LMAO, wait to you get to a FMM, where the old gas has to come out. The wife is now on her second one and we decided that $10 in gas is all we are adding. hehehe :D:D BTW it has take here a long time to get through the FMM and she surely doesn't like it. May will make 2 years with her 2011, I guess it is time for that oil change.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
When a EMM does happen after its done does it switch back to electric automatically?
It never actually switches away from electric. If there is enough charge in the battery you will continue to run on electric while the ICE also runs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts