GM Volt Forum banner

I Got it!!

4K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  bro1999 
#1 ·
Had to fight a thunderstorm, but my Premier Nightfall Gray Bolt was just delivered! Tell ya what, it is far far better than we expected. Having leased it without driving, I was concerned, but my fears are gone... With a Volt and now the Bolt, say goodbye to gas stations. It was kinda funny to having done the inspection in a gas station...

First 15 mile thoughts...

Great power, regen far stronger than the Volt. The seats?? My 5'10, 230 butt fits just fine... The interior is as expected, it is tight, with no rattles or poor fitting panels.

It came with a full battery and after washing off 1400 miles of grime looks great. The wife is even happy.

Rob

#11 ·
Congratulations!

Good on ya both! We are still waiting here in New England, but I had a chance to sit in one at the Boston Auto Show this past Saturday. It's all I hoped it would be. Little tight in front but quite manageable, and plenty of headroom. Had a guy 6'4" sit in the front seat and I sat in back and as he adjusted the seat for driving, I still had leg room in back.

#12 ·
Question is: Driving highways/Interstates to find charging stations available 24/7 when going beyond battery. Tesla has built into Nav. system. I talked to Tesla X owner who drove from MI to FL using only electric. I did southern Alabama after getting my '14 Volt. Nothing available, no outside 110 plug-in at motel/hotels. I have Charge Point with locations, but availability and time to charge near where you are is a problem. jshbike

#14 ·
This is a good time to do what I did yesterday: Go to ChargePoint and EVGo websites and suggest future charger locations. The more people who do this (especially in the charging desert where I live) hopefully the sooner more chargers will be available to all of us. No need to be general either. I specifically asked for DCFC with even multiple locations at one site (think shopping mall parking lots).

Congrats OP on the new arrival. Looking forward to seeing some pics and videos of the new ride!

Joe

#13 ·
With a Volt and now the Bolt, say goodbye to gas stations.
I hope to be in the same position in about 8 months. Congratulations!

#17 ·
Mine does the same. If that is how it is supposed to be, that is annoying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.