GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:cool:Cheep Net Cost to Drive The Amazing Chevy Volt EREV

AmazingChevyVoltEREV

This is The Amazing Chevy Volt-Facts Guy!

I will prove how inexpensive it is to drive this Amazing EREV for less then $55.00 dollars a week! Ready.....

Driving 30 - 50 miles a day the average American buys almost 2 gallons of gas.

At $3.00 a gallon this is $180.00 a month/ at $4.00 a gallon this is $240.00 per month.

Let us use $4.00 per gallon for now... $240.00 a month fuel cost!

My local utility says on their website that the cost to fill up/charge is $1.20 or so daily if needed and worse case then is $36.00 a month and a gallon of gas or so.

http://www.lbwl.com/PEVintro.pdf

Suddenly I am spending $200.00 a month less to drive my monthly 1000-1200+ miles.

Saving $200.00 a month, $2,400.00 a year, $7,200.00 over the three year lease!

As we know the basic Us Bank/ Ally Lease is $400.00 or so a month-Net, they get the $7,500.00 up front reducing costs to me then my net cost to drive The Amazing Chevy Volt EREV IS ONLY $200.00 a month or $50.00 a week for this Amazing $40,000 or so EREV!

Do the math breakout again! I can't afford not to lease one at once! That is if I can find one...lol

Tom Thias/ Selling Volts at Sundandce/ The Amazing Chevy Volt EREV-Facts Guy

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am celebrated my 3rd day of my new Volt. I questioned if I am made the right move before I bought the Volt. I leased a 2011 fully loaded demo Volt from Neal Diamond at Atlantic Chevrolet. I put 4k down and the payment on the lease is approx $420/mo. with the tax. I figured my 2009 Dodge Challenger SE with a stock 6 and cloth interior was costing me $400/month with $200-250 for gas (total of 600-650/mo). Today I looked in the paper at the price of a Prius lease. 3K down and $300/mo for a basic cloth car which still needs gas. The car is smaller, no pickup,clearly not as safe with thin metal, terrible riding, downright ugly and a glare on the dashboard at night.Tonite I was driving my Volt and the Prius driver was looking at me. Also there will be people who will say that I knock Priuses but I don't care. I drove a Prius in SF last summer and my back was killing me for 3 weeks. My Volt is is extremely comfortable, quiet and fun.

·
Registered
281 Posts
You read my mind! That is exactly the logic I used to finally say yes to getting a Volt. If you use those same numbers over the life of the Volt, you will actually have paid for the Volt with the gas you didn't buy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts