GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped on the 2016 20% off deal for my wife so now I am a dual Volt household.

We will be sharing the Blink in my garage. So far, seems to work pretty good.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Congratulations Ari. I think that you should drive the new car so that you don't have to worry about running out of battery on your daily commute. Just sayin'... 8^)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the 2 Volt family. No details or pictures that not very Ari like. Good luck with your new Volt.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I jumped on the 2016 20% off deal for my wife so now I am a dual Volt household.

We will be sharing the Blink in my garage. So far, seems to work pretty good.

Congrats! Can't wait to see what you can squeeze out of the battery on the crazy FedEx loop (I think it was FedEx).....if you get the same mi/kWh you should be able to hit around 115 miles, but since the gen 2 is supposed to be more efficient I put a challenge to you to try and hit 120 miles....I believe in you! :)

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
So when can we expect the "max EV miles on 1 charge" and "max EV miles in 24 hours" test to be done? :p

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
On Sunday we bought a 2016 LTZ Volt with the 20% off plus $3,000 extra off from the dealer, for over $11,000 off MSRP. What a difference over our 2014 Volt we traded in. Range on electric has increased now from 52 miles to now 57 miles. Gas only mpg was 49 mpg on the way back from our dealer at Wilsonville Chevrolet, about 15 miles or so south of Portland OR. Handling, power, etc. all a plus. The 117 mile ride home to Seaside was a real pleasure and comfortable.

I also noticed when charging on our Clipper Creek HCH 40, it draws 4 KW, according to the dash screen which was more than our 14 Volt. This is my wifes car and she told me she loves it....

·
4,851 Posts
So far this week, four new Volts have been added to where I work, two of which were upgrades from 2011 Volts. This doesn't include me, I'm still debating a new one. The 20% off MSRP deal has certainly been successful at my employer's location, yikes!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
So far this week, four new Volts have been added to where I work, two of which were upgrades from 2011 Volts. This doesn't include me, I'm still debating a new one. The 20% off MSRP deal has certainly been successful at my employer's location, yikes!
You better SH---- or get off the pot. Sale ends 7/8/16.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wow, MPG in Charge Sustaining mode is 5-ish. XD
Congrats Ari!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Enjoy it, that 20% is an amazing deal.

The few extra mile range should be great for you! Let us know how it goes.

Edit: nevermind, it looks like your wife gets the new Volt? Well, hope she enjoys it, and see how long it takes you to reach 150k ev miles in your gen 1. My wife loves my gen 1, she steals it on weekends/evenings instead of using the van.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet! Where did you buy it?
Sport Chevrolet. It was the last Black Volt left with the black/brandy interior that I could fine. That's what my wife wanted, so that's what she gets.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's a Blink? EVSE?
Yes. It was given out free free (with subsidized installation) back in 2011/2012 for certain markets as part of the EV Project. It is rather huge, but I've been fortunate and have had no issues with it since it was installed in Nov 2011. (yes that was before I took delivery of my Volt!)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love her comment, "I will not drive like my husband", who would? :)
It is really my comment (on her behalf). She has nothing to do with VoltStats.

·
Registered
260 Posts
So when are you going to take it out to FedEx field? ;)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
We did the same. Bought our second 16 LTZ with the 20% and 3k dealer discount. Got white which was not our first choice and no driver confidence packages this time but a great deal anyway, particularly when the tax credit comes back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4,851 Posts
You better SH---- or get off the pot. Sale ends 7/8/16.
Haha! I'm probably getting off the pot. I like my 2013. Dealer has come within $384 of the price I'd need to hit to pull the trigger, but if I don't take it, I won't mind.

Problem is they loaded it with every option conceivable, it makes the MSRP absurd... Tablet holders, LED ambient lighting, extra charge cord, chargeport illumination, and of course the usuals (Nav, Driver confidence 1 and 2, etc.) sheesh! :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
I tried to get one but I'm in Ohio, so.....

Dealers wouldn't swap.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts