GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Just to put the charge rate in perspective, that's about 45 kW needed to charge in 15 minutes assuming 80% usable battery capacity. My whole house is supplied limited to about 20kW.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Looks like it can only be fast-charged industrially: "Recharging takes five hours using a standard domestic socket, but the batteries can be restored to 85% of capacity in 15 minutes through an industrial (420-volt) power point."

10k euro looks to be about $USD 14.2k.

Promising.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Just what we need, another golf cart. It's a good thing they didn't waste ANY time using a custom chassis or body. Just like a conversion job. Anyway, the more the better.
Texas,

Golf carts are not highway capable. This is far from a NEV (neighborhood electric vehicle).

It's $15K for the batteries alone, so let's guess what a first build, low volume electric vehicle chassis will cost - $32K, and we get $47K, just like everybody else.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just what we need, another golf cart.
So you never heard of European Super Mini category, the biggest auto segment in European auto market.

i10 is Hyundai's Super Mini offering for Euro market.

It's a good thing they didn't waste ANY time using a custom chassis or body. Just like a conversion job. Anyway, the more the better.
The difference is that i10 comes with battery for $20,000, unlike $20,000 Nissan LEAP that reads "batteries not included".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts