GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Yes, they recently announced making a supercar:

Link

I bookmarked their homepage awhile back, when Sam's club offered their Mini-Cooper conversion in their Christmas catalog. I thought it would be an entirely new business model, so I was curious how it worked out.

I don't have any sense of how much business they are doing, but they have a good website with a sizeable offering of conversions to sell. It doesn't surprise me that conversion companies would eventually try to build their own vehicles, so it will be interesting to see if they succeed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Have any of you heard of Hybrid Technologies Inc?

http://www.hybridtechnologies.com/

I'm particularly impressed with their 'LiV™ FLASH' & 'British Embassy Mini Cooper' pure battery electric conversions.
Since performance is'nt really a big issue with me, I'd go with the British Embassy model.
I want one, and I want it NOW!
There are many MANY skeptics on the web with these guys. Although I haven't seen any postings with people that have been burned, there are plenty of confirmations that their vehicles do NOT perform as promised. For example, their taxis were supposed to perform (I think they were PT Cruisers) in NY up to standards that were not at all close to specs. DO NOT send them money. Have it placed in escrow or COD.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Please, try to buy one of their "products". If your experience is si,iliar to others you will find that they aren't really interested in selling vehicles so much as they are in moving stock around. That's my impression anyway. Please try though and let us know what happens.
Of course, I you get the run-a-round you might consider building your own. You could probably build a nice lithium-ion powered one with great range for what they charge.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
It's too bad that there are so many companies lead by people who would rather manipulate markets, than actually contribute to them. It is such an easy thing to create wealth, that there is no need to defraud others out of theirs.

Some people just love to play CEO, so they will constantly play a game of inches (taken from others), instead of doing the right things, that will create exponential growth for everyone. Fortunately, there are enough real companies going after EV development, that none of us has to wait for any one company to produce. Those who produce will survive, those who do not, won't even cash out - just look at Cobasys, on the brink of shuttering their doors.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was looking at buying a few shares of this company because, like Jason, I also thought they had an interesting business model, however, after reading up on the CEO and the various message boards, there is concern that they might be a pump and dump stock only company. Kind of like Zenn, tantalize you with promises of possibilities, ship a few crappy products, and keep the share price up solely through PR. It looks like Zenn might have a new CEO that could possibly turn it into a real company, but the jury is still out on this one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was looking at buying a few shares of this company because, like Jason, I also thought they had an interesting business model, however, after reading up on the CEO and the various message boards, there is concern that they might be a pump and dump stock only company. Kind of like Zenn, tantalize you with promises of possibilities, ship a few crappy products, and keep the share price up solely through PR. It looks like Zenn might have a new CEO that could possibly turn it into a real company, but the jury is still out on this one.

Ironic. I thought I posted here but maybe it was just ABG and Teslamotorsclub. I got a fax at work the other day from (if I recall correctly) The Energy Bull. It was a full page fax pumping ONLY hybrid technologies and their company. When I see those faxes come across the wire, I ONLY think of PUMP AND DUMP. It pissed me off for a couple of reasons. One, I hate junk faxes; Two, it let me know it's a scam company that pays to be hyped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ironic. I thought I posted here but maybe it was just ABG and Teslamotorsclub. I got a fax at work the other day from (if I recall correctly) The Energy Bull. It was a full page fax pumping ONLY hybrid technologies and their company. When I see those faxes come across the wire, I ONLY think of PUMP AND DUMP. It pissed me off for a couple of reasons. One, I hate junk faxes; Two, it let me know it's a scam company that pays to be hyped.
You didn't post here. You posted here. (Below)

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1240&highlight=hybridtechnologies

1 - 8 of 8 Posts