GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.. Have not been here for a bit. Anybody know how big a deal this can be. The malfunction engine light went on and this code says to have it checked in 24HRS. Along with another code called P0AC4 which i see from another post by WOT that this comes up anytime one of the other codes comes up.

I think it is related to the below post and it look likes big $$. I have 32K miles so only a few left before I get to 36K miles and no more bumper to bumper. Is this thing covered after 36K miles. How can i get them to replace it instead of just reseting the program.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?185202-hybrid-powertrain-control-module-2/page2

Thanks for any inputs

·
Registered
874 Posts
From the Gen 2 DTC manual I found a while back:

Not sure if the codes changed from Gen 1 to Gen 2, so that may not be accurate.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hmm, this seems related to the battery, I wonder why it isn't covered by the 8yr/100k Voltec warranty?

3,608 Posts
Hello.. Have not been here for a bit. Anybody know how big a deal this can be. The malfunction engine light went on and this code says to have it checked in 24HRS. Along with another code called P0AC4 which i see from another post by WOT that this comes up anytime one of the other codes comes up.

I think it is related to the below post and it look likes big $$. I have 32K miles so only a few left before I get to 36K miles and no more bumper to bumper. Is this thing covered after 36K miles. How can i get them to replace it instead of just reseting the program.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?185202-hybrid-powertrain-control-module-2/page2

Thanks for any inputs
Hi Tim,

Please know that the DTC P1E27 would be covered by your Voltec Warranty, so no worries on warranty coverage. While you are able to continue driving if the the check engine light does not return, we would recommend bringing in your vehicle for diagnosis and service. This will ensure the appropriate parties have the opportunity to take a look at your Volt and get this taken care of for you.

If you'd like me to reach out to your dealership on your behalf, please let me know via email at [email protected]. I'm happy to help.

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello

Thanks for the input. I believed it is covered based on some words I found from GM online. But I no longer have the full warranty book as the cat messed it up. So i was checking.

I did not see and pdf copies of the warranty booklet on the mychevy site that i could download.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello
It is covered but I am a bit confused. In the thread reference in the first post WOT mentions the controller by the passenger seat and the dealer wants to replace the one by the engine someplace. So the code could relate to two different controllers?
He said its a 1500 to 2000$ part that could take a week to get. They gave me a Sonic which seems so light, like one of those matchbox cars. It does not feel as safe as the solid Volt. I should have taken the Travese rental.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts