GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many of you I've been looking at the various photos that have been coming out and having been trying to draw some conclusions.

I see on the photos of the center stack and red up arrow and a blue down arrow on the very left side beside the heated seat button.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2011-chevy-volt-live-reveal/1039909/

I'll led to believe that this is likely for the cabin temp control. I did see a picture earlier today, which I can't locate again, where it showed a picture of the LCD screen with HVAC controls.

It seems to me like the Volt only has a traditional single zone HVAC system. If it turns out that it does I would be disappointed. I would have expected at least a dual zone system and from looking at the interior pictures of the rear seats and the large center tunnel GM could have routed some tubes and put in a tri-zone system. That would have been really nice and a very upscale, defining feature.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Another vote for dual climate controls. My wife is always freezing and I am always roasting. Dual temperature controls are a must. Now if we could only have dual fan controls as well. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
No Frills

Guys,
I would be happy to live without AC or power anything (manual seats and windows even) if it meant lowering the price to the 20-25k mark. The efficiency of the drivetrain is the real beauty of this car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Guys,
I would be happy to live without AC or power anything (manual seats and windows even) if it meant lowering the price to the 20-25k mark. The efficiency of the drivetrain is the real beauty of this car.
That makes about 1 of you. Manual seats should be okay (but Americans are amazingly lazy!) but manual window lifts don't really save much... electric windows are so ubiquitous these days that it costs about as much to have 2 types of door panels (one with a place for a crank, one with a place for the switches) as it does to buy the electric window mechanisms... you may have noticed that nearly every car has electric windows now.

AC, on the other hand, is a must in most of the country. No one buying a new car in TX would consider one without AC, and I'm guessing that applies in most of the Sun Belt and deep south.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts