GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1,027 Posts
If they pulled the HV battery and got authorization to replace the entire unit ( which they have to do in order to "order" one ), your car is a brick until the new battery arrives. They will not reinstall it in your car.

I know it is possible for them to get a battery overnight. My battery for my 2015 came overnight in a fedex custom critical panel truck. You however haven't put a legal gun to their head to make them hurry up. Your 2013 is out of lemon law territory and only under Magnuson Moss Warranty Act for the hybrid warranty. As long as they eventually fix it, you don't have much you can do.

·
1,027 Posts
Just curious: can you still drive the car with a bad cell? Error codes aside, it would be nice to be able to use the car until the parts arrive.
My whole battery had multiple bad cells in every pack and the car still drove and would charge if you cleared the codes. The codes would refire after the next full charge.

·
1,027 Posts
Per the GM at my local ( tiny <20k people town ) Chevy dealer, they've bought back 7 volts including the GM's wife volt. They've replaced 21 battery cell packs and replaced 7 entire HV battery assemblies.

They also had to repair 9 gen2 volts with the wiring fault when the battery shorted and blew the fuse. There's apparently a lot of "Friday" volts out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.