GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are several threads on all-weather mats for the Volt, but I am still undecided on whether to get these for my car. WeatherTechs seem to be the top of the line that others like - they look nice but are more expensive. The Husky's are priced in between the Volt All-weather mats and the WeatherTechs. I need to replace the old rubber floormats I carried over from my previous car. :eek:

If you own the Husky, do you recommend this product? Also, would be great to see an actual photo of it inside your Volt. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I own them and have had them in mine for over a year and couldn't be happier. My car is in the shop so I can't take pic. They come up the sides of the carpet about 1 1/2" and fit perfectly. They have about 200 very stiff and sharp nibs on the back to keep them from moving and are very easy to clean. I took out the original carpeted mats as these have a indentation for the locks on the stock ones. I hope this was helpful.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
You will get various opinions on this because it is an opinion. I wanted the WeatherTechs because I have had them in my other cars and they are made in the USA, so I can easily vouch for the Weathetechs. I ended up purchasing the Husky's right before the WeatherTechs were available (otherwise I would have definitely gotten another set for my Volt). Having said that I was worried about inferior quality with the Husky's. Actually, I was quite surprised. The Husky's are very nice. They fit very exactly like they should and they are made in the USA too. Are Husky's a step down from the WeatherTechs, maybe..., is it enough of a difference to worry about, not in my opinion. I like the Husky's extremely well. Yes, I would recommend them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have had Huskyliners in all of my cars and love them. I now have them in my 14 Volt as well.
You cant beat them for the price and they fit great.
I wouldn't own a car without Huskyliners!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear these recommendations, thanks! Good to know that they fit well and of good quality.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I bought the Husky Liner first and then when Weathertech, finally made them for the Volt, bought those. The Weathertech are a little bit better especially the way they are connected to the (2) hooks on the floor. They don't slide at all.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I am happy with my Husky weatherbeaters in my 2013. I have weathertecs in my Caddy and I think the Huskys are a bit stiffer and therefore better because the sides do not bend as much and cause the huskys to maintain the fit.

I think long term they are both fairly equal. I would order husky again.

They had great shipping to Canada as well. No surprises and shipped fast. At the time I ordered, weathertecs were not available so I took the chance on husky and have not been disappointed one bit.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I got Lloyds Rubbertite mats. Laser cut, fit perfectly, look great and actually still look perfect afer about 8 months of use. They were $81 through the place I buy my detailing products (if you only want the front mats, $50.)

I liked them so much, I went back and ordered some for my wife's Camaro, and their Ultimats for my Vette (which will never see snow).

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I'm normally a weathertech fan (great customer service, I have them in all my other cars and they usually fit great), and bought the custom laser fit mats for my volt as soon as I could, but they don't cover all the way back to the seat when the seat is back as far as it can go and they are "harder" than I think floor mats should be, that is, they are more slippery under my shoes than I want them to be. I may try the Huskey mats as an alternate.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got Lloyds Rubbertite mats. Laser cut, fit perfectly, look great and actually still look perfect afer about 8 months of use. They were $81 through the place I buy my detailing products (if you only want the front mats, $50.)

I liked them so much, I went back and ordered some for my wife's Camaro, and their Ultimats for my Vette (which will never see snow).
Do you have any photos of the Lloyd's mats in your cars? Thanks.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Do you have any photos of the Lloyd's mats in your cars? Thanks.
No, but I can get some tonight (after a quick cleaning of the inside!)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
707 Posts
Much obliged, trm! :D
OK, got home from work late, father coming for dinner. What does this mean - no time to clean the car. So, here is what the Lloyds look like, dirty and all.

(sorry they are sideways)

overview.

Here is how they fit up to the corner (seat at door)

Here is how they attach:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, got home from work late, father coming for dinner. What does this mean - no time to clean the car. So, here is what the Lloyds look like, dirty and all.
Thanks for the photos!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had both on many different cars, for my new Volt I went with Huskys just because I find them very close in terms of quality and fitment and best of all? Its cheaper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I own the Huskys and wish I had bought for all my previous cars. They are the only way to go. I had reservations about buying because of being rubbery plastic, but they look great!. Easy to clean-just remove, shake off, and wipe off with a damp towel, then replace. They keep the floor area, including the sides, free of dirt and hard to clean grime. make the investment-you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I had husky in my Ford Focus, I have now in my Volt too. They are the best at keeping slush or water out of my car. Even the weathertech can't do that, because of the holes they have at the botom.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Sounds like for me the way to go is the Husky. If they are cheaper and do the same job as Weathertech I'ts a no brainer. Later aceinsp

1 - 20 of 23 Posts