GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
2014 Chevy Volt

There are a number of horn alarms I would LOVE to turn off.

Ganking the above solid state horn relay out of the Rear Compartment Fuse Block will 100% silence any dual horn noise out of the Gen1 but now your horn will also not work anymore!:D

Pushbutton Mods to Enable/Disable Triple-Honk Vehicle ON Warning and Auto-Off recall

Otherwise there is a simple guide linked above that I posted a couple years ago showing how a simple pushbutton mod on my Gen1 can alleviate those unwanted/undesired horn noises!:cool:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
The honk when you exit and leave the car running was a software change spurred by a near disaster of a forum member several years ago.
Carbon Monoxide Suicide

More of a knee-jerk reaction by GM since it would be really hard to off yourself nowadays with all the emission controls in place on vehicles like the Volt as explained in the link above. Although these facts didn't stop GM from 'fixing' this non-issue on the Volt yet you could still leave most non-EV vehicles engines running all day long in the garage that don't have this auto-off 'feature'!:rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.