GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i had a little accident on the front and i replace two leaking radiator and the car put herself into power off mode ! After the radiators replaced how can i put back into the original state? thank you !

Attachments

·
8,680 Posts
If this is what I think it is, it's a safe mode the main battery goes into after a collision and has to be reset in software.

I'm not positive, but I'm told that some of those resets can only be done by a dealer computer.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Only a dealer can turn it back on after verifying its safe and the car is repaired correctly to do so

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I think it is crappy politics to force people back to the dealer. That being said, I understand why it's done. There are too many complex systems in this car to risk a shadetree mechanic leaving an air bubble in the cooling system that would burn up something expensive. There is actually a very involved bleeding procedure required after opening the cooling system. It's not just a matter of pour coolant in and fire it up like it is in every other vehicle I've ever owned...

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I...There is actually a very involved bleeding procedure required after opening the cooling system. It's not just a matter of pour coolant in and fire it up like it is in every other vehicle I've ever owned...
my other cars have bleed procedures too, including some that require bleeding both the heads and the heater core. it's just that most people ignore these and after several hot cold cycles, most cars will have cleared out the air bubbles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any suggestion what is the good working OBD bi-directional scanner for chevi volt instead of the oem GM scan tool ? Thank you for your reply's

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi Mozli,

I've been on auto forums for about 7 years now, and I see in your photo that you have a cracked windshield. I personally think you've had more than a little front end damage. I see this is your second post on this forum. I'm going on a hunch here, but is it possible you purchased this Volt already heavily damaged at an auction for a few grand and you are trying to flip it as a salvage?

I'm totally cool with that, people make a living doing that every day and it keeps a lot of metal out of the junk yard. But I'm here to warn you that there are some very serious possibilities to electrocute yourself in the process of turning your Volt back on.

Now you are looking for different scanner other than the OEM GM. That scanner is sitting in a GM certified repair shop and I think you've gotten yourself in over your head with this Volt.

I hope the super-techy fellas on this forum come out of the woodwork and help you. I'm convinced there is probably something else seriously wrong with your Volt and you need the help of a specialized Volt mechanic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts