GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO FRIENDS, ABOUT 2 DAYS AGO MY FRIEND HAD AN ACCIDENT. FRONT AIRBAG DEPLOYED, RADIATORS AND COOLING LEVELS ARE STILL OK. THE CRASH WAS NOT SO STRONG BUT IT SEEMS IT HITS THE AIRBAG SENSOR, THE CAR BLOCKED AS THE HIGH VOLTAGE SYSTEM DETECTS CRASH. SO CAN WE UNBLOCK IT WITH VXDIAG SCANNING TOOL? JUST IT WILL NEED JUST TO REMOVE DTC CODES RIGHT? THANKS FOR ADVICE

·
8,680 Posts
After a crash the car sets latched DTCs that disable the high voltage systems until reset. These are a higher level than the standard code and can't be reset with the typical code reader - the intent was that you'd need to go to a dealer or other certified mechanic and they'd check that all the high voltage components and wiring are undamaged before resetting the code. There's real danger here if you reset the code and there is damage.

Having said that, I think there are now systems out there that can reset the latched codes beyond the dealers. I'm not sure of the details, though.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Search the forum for VCX Nano, about $100. You will also need a GM subscription, $40 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just want to know it disables the hv system because of dtc right? so if i will remove that dtc, with vxdiag gm scanner will it start? i think it does not need subscription to start the car. may be someone is experienced and please write

·
Administrator
20,220 Posts
i just want to know it disables the hv system because of dtc right?
Yes, a crash can disable the HV system as a safety measure.

Search this site for "VCX Nano" threads for details on using it to clears DTC's

·
Registered
188 Posts
Why wouldn't you want the dealer to do the proper restore procedure. You risk possible serious problems if the battery is not restored correctly (fire comes to mind). The car should go through a comprehensive check before returning to service.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guys i dont want to go to dealer because they will charge us a lot of money, also as i said the hit was not strong all radiators and fluid levels are ok. may be someone knows how to start the car,? because my friend told me dealer mechanic started the his past car in abount 5 minutes. i dont think in 5 minutes he did sps programming on it. i think he only deletes DTC codes and the car starts. thats why we want to try it on my friends car. may be someone knows anything about this?

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
let us know if code reset or a reprogramming/flash of several units was needed.

you semi brick the volt just pulling off the battery cooling tank cable to the float fluid level sensor.
( secret to that is disconnect the 12 volt battery first )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts