GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have some problem with my CHevy Volt 2015
Last week other car hit me to front right door and left few scratches and dent
But after this little collision my car don't Start. All works, odometr, air conditioning, music play, all display works, light lamp, but car didn't go...:mad:
I know, that Volt have system, that block engine and battery after accident
Volt must have a button that can be pressed after the accident to start the engine. I can't find it.
If anybody know what I must do? I from Ukraine (Europe), and anybody can help, because in our country is only 5 Chevy Volt, my dealer didn't know what to do
Please help, this forum is my last chance to start car

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
There are crash sensors in the Volt that, once tripped, will not allow the car to start until all codes are cleared, and the sensors replaced. They are not resettable, as far as I know. And only a Volt technician at a certified Volt dealer will have the proper diagnostic tools to re program the computer.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
There are crash sensors in the Volt that, once tripped, will not allow the car to start until all codes are cleared, and the sensors replaced. They are not resettable, as far as I know. And only a Volt technician at a certified Volt dealer will have the proper diagnostic tools to re program the computer.
I wonder, if the sensors are OK, if clearing the codes using a OBDII would get the car running again. Anybody???

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
If OnStar is still active, and said sensors are undamaged, perhaps they could clear the codes remotely?

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I got rear-ended about $7k worth and my Volt started and ran like nothing happened. Right front maybe hit harder than the OP describes and damaged the charger module?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
If OnStar is still active, and said sensors are undamaged, perhaps they could clear the codes remotely?
He's in Ukraine, so no OnStar. I understand the desire for safety with the battery, but I feel like the car should be able to tell the difference between a fender bender and an accident that could damage the electrical system...

·
Administrator
20,422 Posts
The charger is in the front right fender behind the headlight....

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Hello. I have some problem with my CHevy Volt 2015
Last week other car hit me to front right door and left few scratches and dent
But after this little collision my car don't Start. All works, odometr, air conditioning, music play, all display works, light lamp, but car didn't go...:mad:
I know, that Volt have system, that block engine and battery after accident
Volt must have a button that can be pressed after the accident to start the engine. I can't find it.
If anybody know what I must do? I from Ukraine (Europe), and anybody can help, because in our country is only 5 Chevy Volt, my dealer didn't know what to do
Please help, this forum is my last chance to start car
I hope you have all of the information from the other driver...because your insurance company WILL BE WANTNG TO SPEAK to that driver when you get the TOTAL repair costs...:rolleyes:

Glad to see you finally got keys for your Volt
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?186114-Missing-keys!!!-What-to-do&p=2574394#post2574394

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope you have all of the information from the other driver...because your insurance company WILL BE WANTNG TO SPEAK to that driver when you get the TOTAL repair costs...:rolleyes:

Glad to see you finally got keys for your Volt
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?186114-Missing-keys!!!-What-to-do&p=2574394#post2574394
Yes, keys send my dealer from USA.
But this problem, I don't know what to do.
Next week I find people, who know about car electronik and write, what problem is

1 - 10 of 10 Posts