GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2019 Volt Premier with the Homelink mirror. I can't find programming instructions in any of the manuals or online. Anyone know how to set it up?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Failing to get any answers, I would try the same/similar procedure as the Gen1 Homelink of which there are Youtube videos. I would insert the caution here for Canadian 2019 Volt owners that Canada has different regulations regarding garage/gate door openers and as such require a different learning sequence. Because the signal is much shorter the learning sequence has to be much longer (3 to 4 times). Counter intuitive I know.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Google for "gentex homelink mirror programming". Lots of web pages and youtube videos available...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Look up Chamerlain Arq Manual and watch the video. If you have a rolling code door opener, you must wait for the door to start moving then hit the button again to lock in the code. Took me a while to get the hang and timing of the button pushes, clicking the remote, resetting the door opener itself.

https://arq.chamberlain.com/

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Google for "gentex homelink mirror programming". Lots of web pages and youtube videos available...
That is not the Homelink mirror that comes with the 2019 Volt Premier.

Anyone with a 2019 Volt actually succeed at programming the Homelink mirror? If so, how'd you do it? Instructions I've found online don't seem to apply to the mirror that came with my car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I wondered what version of Homelink GM settled on. There was a 'kit' that used a replacement overhead panel like was used in the Malibu that was apparently discontinued

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
I bought the arq mirror as a GM accessory. The video instruction had different info than the written instruction on how to program older genie rolling code garage door openers...you have to push the button 3 times instead of 2 to get it to learn. it did work, but only after looking really hard at all the procedures.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there a way to get this HomeLink mirror to learn from a remote? My gate doesn't have rolling codes or a "learn" button.

·
Registered
354 Posts
^^^ When I bought it as a GM accessory and got a box at the dealer's parts counter, the only thing it came with was an instruction sheet in 3 languages telling you to go to the arq.chamberlain.com website as mentioned previously. It's a pain to figure out, but it works once you figure out which garage opener brand and generation you are dealing with. I would suggest employing the help of the nearest 14 year old.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
If only the app referred to in the ARQ instructions actually existed. The page https://arq.chamberlain.com/programming/garagedooropener/dip-switches even has a direct link to the Apple Store for the iPhone/iPad, but it doesn’t resolve. Searching for ARQ or Chamberlain comes up with nothing. Could Chevrolet have made programming a stupid HomeLink mirror any more complicated or inefficient? Every other mirror, you just hold the remote up to the mirror and hold the mirror button and remote button at the same time.

EDIT: Finally found the app. Stupid link on the ARQ website goes to the wrong place (iTunes store instead of the App store).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts