GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to plug the iPad into USB to charge it as we drive (or at least prevent some battery drain), and have the audio go though either the speakers OR the iPad...

How on earth does this even work?

So like lets say I want to put on Netflix or play some local movies... the volume control on the iPad doesn't work, changing the source to "iPod" in the car just says "No Music Found"

Driving us crazy :/

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that work for you? Is it something I have to set on the ipad itself?

I can't get the thing connected to bluetooth when it's plugged into USB, keeps saying the volt isnt in range, then "Not Connected" changes to "Connected" but the volt has no idea, and the audio still doesn't work :/

·
Registered
45 Posts
Turn Bluetooth ON in your ipad. Make Volt search for Bluetooth device. Connect. You should be set then. If USB is creating problem, dont charge at the same time when using Bluetooth.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bluetooth is\was on... maybe it's buggy when there's 2 other BT phones in the area which usually are connected to it?

*need* to charge is the question, it's not that I want to listen to BT auto, it's more like I dont care how the audio comes out of the iPad, it just needs to be charging (long car trip). Honestly I'm 1000% fine with the audio coming out of the iPad speaker, but the second it plugs into the car through USB the audio is just "gone" and deferred to the volts something and it gets lost.

·
Registered
779 Posts
iPads need about 2 amps to charge. I don't know if the Volt usb provides that. If you buy a 12v usb adapter, make sure it is at least 2 amps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re:

I believe you will have to get a cigarette lighter charger if you wish to charge your ipad, same as a home computer won't charge an ipad.

As for the bluetooth, you must have an older model volt like me. I had to purchase this:

edit: apparently I can't post links. Search for Blackberry Music Gateway

I leave it in my centre console, plugged into the aux jack, and the usb (for power) and my phone pairs with it when I get in the car.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've never tried my ipad, but I can get music and music apps to play through the usb connection from my iphone. No special tricks, just plug the thing in, the radio sees it and connects. I would think it would work the same way with an ipad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts