GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an Ampera and few months ago I upgraded HPCM2 and BECM modules with my SPS account. After I went from 9.6 to 8.6 kWh for a average distance of 30-37 miles.
Now I want come back to the previous sw version and to do I need a VCI code. Anybody successfully obtained it from GM?

·
Registered
307 Posts
You need to have a GM tech at a GM dealership to get a VCI, the tech would have to call GM techline for a VCI. GM does not give out VCI's by just asking, there has to be a known issue and a request by GM engineering for techline to give a VCI. The VCI is a calibration for the computer that is going to be updated with new software. Techline would release the software for only that VIN that is having the issue and not all cars, this is was a VCI is for.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Its really up to the tech working on the car and if GM will let this happen. A GM tech would have to have the car and call GM and ask for this, have not heard of anyone getting this done. GM can only say yes or no, but you would have to pay the tech for the time spent since this is not a warranty issue. Keep in mind, GM did the new program for a reason, they were getting failures on some cells due to low voltage. The new program help save this from happening, going back would most likely void any warranty caused by the old program.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You now exactly why the last software further limit the capacity? My battery is 16 kWh and I can't drain more than 8.6 kWh, it's 46% of buffer.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I did get a VCI code. Using the dealer's account. They basically let me make the request. I knew more about the issue, anyway.

But I needed the code to redo a flash ( same version)

The code arrived in 15 min after the request

·
Registered
307 Posts
You may want to run a battery capacity relearn, this may help the issue. This needs to be done with a scan tool such as GDS2.

·
Registered
51 Posts
mpmoore:

For those of us with a VCX Nano and access to GDS2, will you please give us a high level procedure on how to run the battery capacity relearn?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have to a reset and after a relearn on the HPCM2 module:

HPCM2.jpg

I do it many time but I had no benefits...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts