GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The BOLT automatically chooses day or night display mode for the dash and console screens, based on the ambient light. When I go to work in the morning, it is already bright outside, but it is not yet bright enough to trigger display into day mode. So it stays in night mode, but because it is bright outside, it is hard for me to see the screen. I dug around in the settings, but cannot find a way to force the display into day or night mode, or a way to adjust the sensitivity of the light trigger. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
1,027 Posts
Look up GM ambient light sensor mod. The other option is to tape or paint over the little dome on the dash with something dark or put a cap or something over it. I've seen people use plasti-dip or a spray paint cap or simply electrical tape. Then you can use the scroll wheel to turn the brightness up and down.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The opposite issue is when I go under the freeway overpass, it dims the dash and turns headlights on. A way to adjust the sensor sensitivity would be best.
The tape mode is going to force the auto headlights on all the time. Wasting electricity.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
The opposite issue is when I go under the freeway overpass, it dims the dash and turns headlights on. A way to adjust the sensor sensitivity would be best.
The tape mode is going to force the auto headlights on all the time. Wasting electricity.
That'a a long underpass. It takes about 20 seconds of occluded or bright light to trip the switch.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mine changes in a couple seconds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts