16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many diagnostic steps requires to enter/exit Service/accessory/normal modes/
hot to do that , i can not find any info on the service manual
thank in advance

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
At least turning Volt all the way OFF and opening the door should work and you can test to see if the radio drops out as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
With the car off press and hold the power button with out pressing the brake. I want to say 5 seconds, but it could be longer or shorter.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Check your Volt owner manual under the Driving and Operating section. The Power Button portion near the start of this section speaks about turning the vehicle on and off, and Service Mode ("With the vehicle off, and the brake pedal not applied, pressing and holding the POWER ON button for more than five seconds will place the vehicle in Service Only Mode"), and a page or two later it speaks about Retained Accessory Power.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the car off press and hold the power button with out pressing the brake. I want to say 5 seconds, but it could be longer or shorter.
At least turning Volt all the way OFF and opening the door should work and you can test to see if the radio drops out as well.
Check your Volt owner manual under the Driving and Operating section. The Power Button portion near the start of this section speaks about turning the vehicle on and off, and Service Mode ("With the vehicle off, and the brake pedal not applied, pressing and holding the POWER ON button for more than five seconds will place the vehicle in Service Only Mode"), and a page or two later it speaks about Retained Accessory Power.
thank you all very much !!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Just remember that while in Service Mode everything is running off the 12 volt battery, so don't leave it like that for too long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts