GM Volt Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Dude -- just pull the rear fuse that multiple people have mentioned before in the rear fuse block. The only thing you will lose on top of the noisemaker is the beep you get when you connect the car for a charge.

You do not lose functionality for the windows -- I've had mine noisemaker unplugged for almost a year and all windows have always worked perfectly.

Kinda amused that's it's taken 2 pages of back and forth for what's clearly explained with diagrams in the manual, nobody reads those it seems these days.

Dude, I know. There are many fuses and I simply wanted someone to tell me which specific fuse to pull as they are all numbered.

I looked at the box and saw Ped Pro and it says the 10 fuse. There are 3 Red 10's and they are electrical fuses so I am just being extra careful as I don't want to electrocute myself pulling the wrong fuse or something.

Anyways I figured it out and it's this specific fuse right here that I put the arrows pointing towards.

I took it out and it worked. But now I have a check engine light. Is there a way to get rid of it with the fuse being unplugged or no? If not I'll live with it.

And thanks for the help to all the posters lol

·
Registered
874 Posts
Dude, I know. There are many fuses and I simply wanted someone to tell me which specific fuse to pull as they are all numbered.

I looked at the box and saw Ped Pro and it says the 10 fuse. There are 3 Red 10's and they are electrical fuses so I am just being extra careful as I don't want to electrocute myself pulling the wrong fuse or something.

Anyways I figured it out and it's this specific fuse right here that I put the arrows pointing towards.

I took it out and it worked. But now I have a check engine light. Is there a way to get rid of it with the fuse being unplugged or no? If not I'll live with it.

And thanks for the help to all the posters lol
I'll try and remember to take a picture of my fusebox tomorrow, but there's a diagram of the fuses...line up the diagram and pull the one that's in the same position. You won't get a check engine light if you pulled the correct fuse; if you do, it's unrelated.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'll try and remember to take a picture of my fusebox tomorrow, but there's a diagram of the fuses...line up the diagram and pull the one that's in the same position. You won't get a check engine light if you pulled the correct fuse; if you do, it's unrelated.

Hmmm. Okay thanks. I'll take a look again at the box tomorrow in daylight as well

·
Registered
121 Posts
After reading this thread, I just went out to the garage and pulled my fuse...quickest and easiest mod yet!...started it up and put the P brake on and shifted to D so I could get out and yes it's great! No more weird noise!...now I can scare the heck out of pedestrians etc LOL....Actually the loud noise of putting on and off the park brake is also kind of annoying. Thanks for the good info though everybody.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
After reading this thread, I just went out to the garage and pulled my fuse...quickest and easiest mod yet!...started it up and put the P brake on and shifted to D so I could get out and yes it's great! No more weird noise!...now I can scare the heck out of pedestrians etc LOL....Actually the loud noise of putting on and off the park brake is also kind of annoying. Thanks for the good info though everybody.
Just be aware that the fuse also controls the charge confirmation chirp.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Which one of these do I unplug to disable the noise maker?....
Your conscience.
Your sense of right and wrong, etc, etc,,,,

.......now I can scare the heck out of pedestrians etc LOL....
You must be so proud of your accomplisments !

HA Ha ha... yeah, I just heard it the other day, what an irritating sound. ... lolol...
Ha ha, ... Yeah, it's not about, or for, you.

Know which column you are in when you start disabling safety and emission systems on your car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Pulled Fuse 5 today. Car is now whisper quiet. don't really need the charging chirp. The lights tell me it's charging.

Also... Norton needs a nap. LOL

OK, ban me.

Reactions: mikehawklol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just be dammmmmm careful if you pull it. I got a noiseless Vectrix VX-1 back in 2008, before the introduction of the safety devices. Drove it everywhere and continuously had pedestrians walking out in front of me. And it's a bright red bike. We have a society of people with no situational awareness at all. And if you hit one and they figure out you disabled your noise maker, civil suit time is just a short trip away. The additional irony is that some ICE cars have gotten so quiet that they are almost impossible to hear in a busy parking lot.

·
Registered
679 Posts
They are all zoned out on their cellphones anyway! F5 was the first to go when I got my Volt.
My Leaf had a noisemaker that could be turned on and off and it never made a bit of difference in pedestrian awareness!

Drove it everywhere and continuously had pedestrians walking out in front of me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They are all zoned out on their cellphones anyway! F5 was the first to go when I got my Volt.
My Leaf had a noisemaker that could be turned on and off and it never made a bit of difference in pedestrian awareness!
Unfortunately, that's not entirely accurate, but still a key point. What's really sad is the number of people I've noticed over the last nine years who have no apparent distraction and just simply don't look around at all. People, in general, are just really stupid. In the old times, these are the ones that the bears would get.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just be dammmmmm careful if you pull it. I got a noiseless Vectrix VX-1 back in 2008, before the introduction of the safety devices. Drove it everywhere and continuously had pedestrians walking out in front of me. And it's a bright red bike. We have a society of people with no situational awareness at all. And if you hit one and they figure out you disabled your noise maker, civil suit time is just a short trip away. The additional irony is that some ICE cars have gotten so quiet that they are almost impossible to hear in a busy parking lot.
To avoid a lawsuit, remove the fuse, short the fuse with a 9V battery, replace the fuse. If it was ever checked they'll find a blown fuse.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
To avoid a lawsuit, remove the fuse, short the fuse with a 9V battery, replace the fuse. If it was ever checked they'll find a blown fuse.
Disregarding whether this is sound legal advice, a fuse is designed to limit current flow not voltage. I doubt a 9 volt battery could deliver any thing close to the current required to cause a 10 amp rated fuse to open.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.