GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With GM ending production of the volt, I need to start looking into what will happen to maintenance. How best can I ask around for who can even do work on the volt in a few years? If Chevy dealers stop having anyone to do work on the high voltage parts, is my new 2018 volt a ticking money bomb when I can no longer get it repaired in a few year? What specialized equipment is required to fix it and could I find an independent repair shop to do the work if the Chevy dealers stop caring? This is now a major major concern for my new car as to how I'll get maintenence in 1, 3, and 5 years.

·
Registered
316 Posts
In those coming years service will be even easier to find. GM isn't discontinuing the Volec, they're just ceasing production on the model that it's installed in. Electrification is going to expand to many new models. The Bolt will have the same dealer support it does now and new models will be available everywhere in the coming years. I'm going to drive my '16 Volt for 20 years. Literally.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Let’s hope with electrification of their lineup long term we’ll be ok. I would love to hear GM confirm Voltec will live on. Hard to see them abandoning it when it could be used so well in larger vehicles. For us volt owners and our future service needs continuation of the drivetrain will be the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts