GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum looking for instructions of some sort of how to guide. I purchased an off brand Dynamat and would like to tackle this project but I can't figure out how to get the door panels off. Does someone have a "How-to" guide on removing Volt interior pieces? I even purchased those plastic levers to remove interior panels.

Thanks for all the help, I love this forum and my two 2013 Chevy Volts
Bryce

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I added FatMat to my Prius door sheet metal a month ago.

Most door panels are secured by a couple of screws and a bunch of plastic "christmas tree" fasteners that grip inside sheet metal holes.

The screws can usually be found under trim pieces in the hand pull of the armrest and behind the latch release lever.

I think you'll find that the door panels are pretty well damped from the factory, but that's looking at it compared to a Prius (which is the most embarassing door slam in the industry).

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
Look at the links in the Similar Links area below.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I struggle to believe it is going to have that much of an effect!

Does the Ampera have more sound deadening than the Volt? I can't hear any sound that needs deadening.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I struggle to believe it is going to have that much of an effect!

Does the Ampera have more sound deadening than the Volt? I can't hear any sound that needs deadening.
Yeah, I'm only aware of tire noise on rough surfaces, and that's from the rear.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't waste your time with that dynamat stuff. If you're serious about noise reduction, check out sounddeadenershowdown.com. Its not that simple, easy or cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts