GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problems:
1) In the score screen, Outside Temp and Terrain can’t really be controlled
2) In the score screen, while Climate and Technique are graded, you don’t know why you got the score you did
3) In the charging screen, everything is based off your last FULL charge
4) 250+ is the cap

Solutions:
1) While they can and should ding you for your grade, bundle them as one grade which can just be subtracted from the final score which won’t need its own bar-graph…
2) I get dinged the max 5 points for using the eco A/C which is usually set 5-10f higher than the outside temp…I would imagine I would get dinged the exact same if I put the thing on max and as low as it would go…But how would I know? I believe they should offer suggestions, perhaps you can click on climate and it would tell you what you need to do to improve to the next point, eg increase the temp 5f…Same goes with technique, in fact I believe they should break this down into different categories such as accelerating and braking…
3) While I understand the “plan” is to charge every night, what if you want to see current charging metrics on your last drive? What if you have a full charge, drive to work and cannot charge then want to drive to run an errand and see your metrics on that drive? Allow a setting to switch to last drive…
4) Remove the 250+ cap…
Bonus Improvement: On the Charge screen, allow an estimated duration of charging screen…It’s a big screen and can could cover many different amp values over the two voltages…EG 110v w/8amps, 110v w/12 amps, etc…

Your thoughts?

·
Banned
398 Posts
I would like to see actual average miles/KWh and instantaneous miles/KWh (in electric mode only) to indicate how efficiently the car is being driven.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe it's the modern enhanced dash screen that shows the power consumption on the left hand side with a leaf in a circle in the dead center. Speaking from what I've noticed it seems that straying out of this cirle under both acceleration and braking hurts your technique score.

·
Registered
95 Posts
1. Allow you to reset the stats. There's no reason to keep lifetime stats forever like an odometer.
2. Let you turn all that crap off. I found that I wasn't using the Volt like it's supposed to be used, because I as always obsessing over the stupid score. I think that actually made it a worse car for me. I've slowly gotten bett at ignoring it all, but it would be way better if there weren't scores anywhere.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. Allow you to reset the stats. There's no reason to keep lifetime stats forever like an odometer.
2. Let you turn all that crap off. I found that I wasn't using the Volt like it's supposed to be used, because I as always obsessing over the stupid score. I think that actually made it a worse car for me. I've slowly gotten bett at ignoring it all, but it would be way better if there weren't scores anywhere.
Interesting perspective with #2...I wonder if the solution isn't shaming someone but rather offered a tip to more efficient driving upon shutdown...Also gives you the option to shut the grades/tips off...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
A readout showing battery state in kWh used/remaining would be helpful. I would also like a display of the voltage (120/208/240) and current draw while charging.

As for turning all the c**p off, in Gen 2 just use the non-enhanced versions of the displays.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts