Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Greater than 1 year

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
June 11th and I am still going back and forth on what I will replace my Gen I with. Right now I am thinking it will be a 2013 or 2014 Volt, but I have flipped back and forth on this a time or two.
There ought to be a way to set up a "If you see my car for sale in a month or two, buy it! It was really reliable!" forum. ;-)
I really wish that Ally would let me buy the car back for what they will get at auction. I think my buyback is almost $20,000.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I really wish that Ally would let me buy the car back for what they will get at auction. I think my buyback is almost $20,000.
Yeah, it seems like there should be a solution to this problem. Like if you could arrange to be at the auction where they will sell your car, you could bid on it.

Auto auctions are really for industry buyers, of course, but you might be able to get in and bid. I went to one of these auctions once. It was OK for the public to bid at this particular one, but you had to either pay cash for the car or have a bank letter of credit with you.

And then there is the problem of finding out exactly where and when it would be sold. Might be near impossible. Maybe track it through RemoteLink or something. Kind of a long shot.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You don't have a button for 3 months ago!
Enjoying our 2017 Volt!

For everybody who dislikes leasing our results were not so bad.
Our 2013 with a MSRP of $40k was leased in Feb 2013. US Bank would have sold it to us at end of lease for $14k. Total lease and up front payment was about $10k. So we could own it today for less than $25k.
This is less than if we paid cash in 2013 and got the full $7500 tax credit.
Maybe we were lucky and nobody will see a deal like this again.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Your poll needs more options like less than 48 hours , in between 6.8 -7.1 months , next Tuesday , or I don't know , I drive a Toyota .

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
My $0 per month, 0% interest (zero money factor), unlimited mile lease will remain for many, many years

Pizza, clams, donuts? How about lobster, bacon, and tiramisu

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hello My lease was supposed to end in June, but I handed it Feb 19th. They (ally) tried to hit me for a $180 microscopic scratch (under 2") that was not there . I have read online that this is often done. What % is often? I do not know.
I just got a collection notice today after finally settling with them last month. They waived the $180 after a long story. The lady on the phone said to forget it. It takes over a month for one office to talk to the billing office.???

TOO many uncertainities with a lease.

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
Hello My lease was supposed to end in June, but I handed it Feb 19th. They (ally) tried to hit me for a $180 microscopic scratch (under 2") that was not there . I have read online that this is often done. What % is often? I do not know.
I just got a collection notice today after finally settling with them last month. They waived the $180 after a long story. The lady on the phone said to forget it. It takes over a month for one office to talk to the billing office.???

TOO many uncertainities with a lease.
Plus the people who do collections work don't have a brain cell. So sorry you had to go through that. did you learn your lesson?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Plus the people who do collections work don't have a brain cell. So sorry you had to go through that. did you learn your lesson?
Hello ......pretty much. I could be tempted by the $40/month Cruze.?? But not till my present My2015 has expended every possible mile.
Before the leased 2013 Volt I had a 2001 Infiniti with 110,000 miles. It blew a engine when overheating. When the radiator has no water in it the temp sensor does not register hot untill it smokes and dies. I did not know that.
I leased the 2013 Volt cause I was leary of the battery life, but not any more. Lots seem to go a long time. Only thing that bothers me as I used to see alot more Volts then I do now. I do not think I have seen one for 2 months done here in Boynton Beach Fl.

I just got my release letter from the ALLY lease. One day after the collection notice for $180. I am now officially free from any obligation to ALLY.................... Free at last..... Thank God almighty free at last

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
Hello ......pretty much. I could be tempted by the $40/month Cruze.?? But not till my present My2015 has expended every possible mile.
Before the leased 2013 Volt I had a 2001 Infiniti with 110,000 miles. It blew a engine when overheating. When the radiator has no water in it the temp sensor does not register hot untill it smokes and dies. I did not know that.
I leased the 2013 Volt cause I was leary of the battery life, but not any more. Lots seem to go a long time. Only thing that bothers me as I used to see alot more Volts then I do now. I do not think I have seen one for 2 months done here in Boynton Beach Fl.

I just got my release letter from the ALLY lease. One day after the collection notice for $180. I am now officially free from any obligation to ALLY.................... Free at last..... Thank God almighty free at last
As with all vehicles, you need to periodically check the fluids. It's just like the way the body needs food and water to run, blood flowing in the veins. Myorse shoer blew the engine in her Honda Insight driving it t0k miles without an old change in an attempt to save money on those $70 oil changes. It cost her dearly.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
Myorse shoer blew the engine in her Honda Insight driving it t0k miles without an old change
lol. Still pondering those words..., and trying to find out how many miles t0k is. :)

P.S. I'm into year 5 of my $0/month, unlimited miles lease. And I get to keep whatever residual is left when I give up the car.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Lease finishes this month. Zero payout, so I then own it. But no Volts / Bolts available here to buy a new ones? So ordered a Model 3 Tesla, but looonnnng wait here .. Australia wont get the Model 3 till 2019. Can get a Tesla model S over here , but cheapest here is $140,000 Australian Dollars. Was considering a Bolt until I found out they were not going to import the Bolt (I emailed the distributor here. It is Holden)

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
lol. Still pondering those words..., and trying to find out how many miles t0k is. :)

P.S. I'm into year 5 of my $0/month, unlimited miles lease. And I get to keep whatever residual is left when I give up the car.
You're right, lots of typos.

correction: My horseshoer blew the engine in her Honda Insight by driving it 70k miles without an oil change.

She ended up selling it to some street racers who pulled the hybrid drivetrain out and replaced it with a V8. It's a sleeper that now blows many cars off the line.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts