GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was about to buy a new 2016 Honda Civic and i just wasn't fully inlove with the fact that I would be driving this all gass car for 5-10years. So here I am back in the hunt for a vehicle but this time I'm positive that The best car for me to choice would be the volt since it is electric when I want it and runs on gass when I need it (best of both worlds) or I'll just have to live with a car that I'm not 100% sure on (2016 Honda civic)

My Local dealerships sales manager and the manager down at Rawdon Montreal have been good friends since they were kids so they are working with me to get a car that I like.

Now I'm wonding what you guys think is a good deal and a bad deal. What exactly did you guys pay for your used vehicle? The car that I'm looking at is a 2013 For $22,995 almost 63,000km has all the safety features available. I told the dealership that $23,000 OTR is what I'm looking for. What do you guys think? What would you guys pay for that vehicle?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I think you can do better. Is the 2013 Volt you are looking at loaded?

I sold my 2013 through the autotrader in an accommodation deal through my dealer. My 2013 was fairly base with heated cloth seats, comfort package and safety one package. It had 74,000kms on the odo. I contacted Bourgeois in Quebec if they wanted it and they offered me $14K for it. I talked my local dealer to go up more than that. However after a month on Autotrader I finally got a bite at $16K for my car and I was anxious to sell as my new 2017 Volt was sitting on the dealer lot.

So I think you can do better than $23K. In fact I think you could bring them down under $20K or around $22K taxes and fees all in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a fully loaded 2013 Chevy Volt.

WOW that's cheap! So I definitely won't go any higher on the price then. 6 weeks ago they had it priced at Rawdon for over $25,000 before taxes and fees.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got the call from Chevy dealership. It will cost me OTR $27,000

my local Chevy dealer said it costs $700 just to get it shipped because they need to hirer a shipping company. SO EXPENSIVE!!
They have a Black Chevy volt 2012 15-20,000km from an older man coming in as a trade in today or tomorrow. He will call me back with the price of that one when he find out what they are selling it for.

Why does it have to cost so much! Ugg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's way too expensive!

I guess I'll be buying the new 2016 Honda Civic. Thanks anyways for the replys.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just saw a used Volt for just under $18K at markvillechevrolet.com
Car not yet listed online, was a trade in for new 2017.
120000 km. White with chrome rims. Very sharp car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts