GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
We owned TWO Volt's (2012 and 2013) for 18 months

But after owning 6 previous Corvette's since 1972 I got bit by the bug one more time when Chevy released the new Stingray in 2014, so I traded in the red 2012 Volt on a Lime Rock Green Stingray.

What a Yin and Yang garage. Neighbors thought I massive mid-life melt down.....

·
Registered
907 Posts
There's a guy on this forum that recently bought his fifth new Volt. Buzz Smith (FB) is also on his 5th (within family, but not all at once), but not all new. There is also a family of 4 Volts (at once) on FB.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I have never seen the point of owning more than 1 of the same car, although I see people do it frequently with other vehicles as well, Jeeps, Cobalts, Civics, doesn't matter. I have seen it with pretty much anything. Me, I like driving different vehicles so every one needs to be completely different ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've got a 2013, and I'm in the process of buying TWO 2013's for my mother and wife.
:) We're gonna be a Voltec Family!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am the guy..a 2012, a 2013, a 2014, a 2015 and now a 2017! 5 Volts.... My dad has had 2, my daughter has one. 3 generations of Volt owners! Who can top that!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just one currently. However, my daughter is really intent on stealing mine, so I may have to finagle a deal to let her have it if I can get a newer one.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I bought a 2012 (36 months), leased a 2013 (turned back at 37 months) and now I have purchased 2 2015's (one now 7 months and the other now 3 months) to replaced them. It will be awhile before they are traded away.....

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
We purchased (not leased) two 2012 Volts. Son got one in September. Daughter got other in March. We acquired 2017 Volt the same day we dropped off the one at our daughter's house. The Model X will be here in a few weeks.

...and about the previous comment about not owning multiple of the same vehicle...that might apply if the electric choices were more wide spread in 2012. I actually decided to get the SECOND 2012 Volt after it became clear that the Mitsubishi PHEV SUV was coming nowhere anytime soon...and that was FOUR YEARS AGO now...and it STILL isn't here yet. The second Volt was a wise purchase indeed.

...and perhaps those who can't see vehicle duplication can't adapt their vehicle to their needs; I had no problem-

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
We purchased (not leased) two 2012 Volts. Son got one in September. Daughter got other in March. We acquired 2017 Volt the same day we dropped off the one at our daughter's house. The Model X will be here in a few weeks.

...and about the previous comment about not owning multiple of the same vehicle...that might apply if the electric choices were more wide spread in 2012. I actually decided to get the SECOND 2012 Volt after it became clear that the Mitsubishi PHEV SUV was coming nowhere anytime soon...and that was FOUR YEARS AGO now...and it STILL isn't here yet. The second Volt was a wise purchase indeed.

...and perhaps those who can't see vehicle duplication can't adapt their vehicle to their needs; I had no problem-

Awesome !! :) I have the exact same color and year Volt. Good Choice as we all know red is the fastest color.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts

OMG...THAT'S HORRIBLE.

...how could you block your license plate like that??

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
We've got two Volts as well. I bought mine first, in April 2011. My wife started driving it since she had a longer commute, and then she said she wanted one of her own. So we found an unloved 2011 demo and bought it in Nov 2012.

We are both happy with our cars. Just wish there was an CUV/SUV version with Voltec; that would be enough to make us trade one in.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Do ELRs count? If so, I'm on my 3rd Voltec vehicle in 4 years.

2012 Volt (sold 8/5/14)
2014 ELR (leased 8/5/14 - turn in on 8/5/16)
2015 Volt (bought 5/16/16)

·
4,852 Posts
I have two, one for me (2013, bought new), one for my wife (2012, bought used). Previously had a new 2011, one of the first. The custom plates were her idea! ;)

hishervolt2.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
We all have to start somewhere and I am a new owner of a 2013 Volt. Now I need to talk my wife into trading her Lexus for a 2017 Volt!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts