GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the green LED lighted ring on the charging port of my 2018 Volt LT. As I understand it, it is supposed to light up when you open the charge port door, to help you plug in when it is dark. It also flashes like the light on the top of the instrument panel, to indicate the increasing state of charge, but for me that is not the main purpose. At any rate, if I turn off the car, climb out, and fairly promptly grab the cord and open the charge port door, the LED will come on as expected. But if I take my time getting the cord, and don't open the charge port door until after a bit of a delay--no LED light. Is that the nominal behavior? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish there was a setting of some sort, to lengthen the time during which the light would turn on. Ah, well . . . Thanks.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Yes, that is normal behavior. I believe the charge port will only illuminate if you open the charge port access cover within a minute or so of turning off the Volt, stay illuminated for just 30 seconds unless you plug in the J1772 connector and the Volt begins charging. Anytime you want the charge port to illuminate just open the Volt's driver's door, the charge port light will illuminate for ~1 minute.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
On the old gen one charger J1772 plug we have a flash light that comes on when you pull the trigger.

I like the port light a bit more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts