• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, doing a survey for my intro to stats class and chose to make a comparison between diesels and hybrids. I chose this topic because I commute a lot, somewhere on average of 20k miles a year. Anyways this poll will be aimed just at hybrid owners since this is the Volt forum. Thanks for helping!

·
Administrator
20,114 Posts
What's your definition of a hybrid? A Prius? No way. A Volt? Sure.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
What's your definition of a hybrid? A Prius? No way. A Volt? Sure.
Ditto.
An electric-fuel hybrid? Sure (electric first, other second)
A fuel-electric hybrid? Probably not (fuel first, electric second)

There really is a large difference in how the two styles feel when driving.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I own a Volt and plan to get an all electric vehicle next. So which one to I check?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree. There are pretty much two flavors of hybrids. The primarily electric ones (Chevy Volt, BMW i3) are typically powered by electricity and gas consumption is rare. The primarily gas ones (like the Prius) have such a small electric range (if it's not a plug-in hybrid, the range is zero) that you consume gasoline typically whenever you drive it.

That said, I have a Chevy Volt, and would be interested in getting a primarily electric hybrid for my next car.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Sure, I'd buy another EREV.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Methinks the Mods will shut down this thread soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll be going all electric for my next vehicle. I can't to back to a prius or conventional ICE vehicle.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Can't answer. The poll does not include EREV (Extended Range Electric Vehicle) which by SAE definition is not a hybrid
Sorry, If that answer doesn't make sense then you shouldn't be creating polls on this subject matter
WOT

·
Administrator
20,114 Posts
As we have seen time and again, just because a poll can be quickly created doesn't mean it is created well or delivers meaningful data. Most polls are ill-constructed, not thoroughly thought out, and of limited value. I'm not picking on the OP, this seems to be the case for the majority of polls on this site. Even the way the questions are asked can skew the results.

One possible solution is to first announce you are creating a poll, describe what the goal is, what questions you are thinking of asking, etc. and then let the community weigh in before actually creating the poll. This would help address some, if not all the deficiencies that seem to crop up again and again.

Yes, I'm closing this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.