GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets have some photos!

I, for one, absolutely can not believe what a dirt and grime magnet the back of my Gen 1 is. I have washed it at the car wash, driven home (3 miles, low speed) and had to wipe the tail end back off again. Now we've had multiple days of rain driving and you can't even see out of my lower rear window.. ugh.

Maybe I should have named the car "PigPen".

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
My 2009 Chevy Equinox has a wing-like spoiler that spills air from the roof downward over the rear window and hatch, creating a vortex while driving so it never gathers road dust or dirt. It does have a rear wiper, but I only need it when it rians.

That is part of the "Kammback" design.

·
Registered
389 Posts
If I posted a picture I would probably get kicked off the site

·
Registered
488 Posts
I am a clean car freak. I have softened hot and cold water in the garage and wash almost daily in (dirty Michigan)winter. After it rains in summer. The slippery aero package keeps everything but that rear end pretty clean. Side note , I love the 5 spoke wheels you can work a grout sponge in and clean the interior of the wheel, the rotors and calipers as well. No premature rusty rotor syndrome on my 2011.

·
Registered
2013 Diamond White
379 Posts
I think the dirty "butt" is what I like least about the car. However, keeping the wheels clean is a snap, so maybe those two things are the trade off. Other than the dirty butt, really there's very little maintenance to the car. I put some gas in yesterday. The first time this year.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Lets have some photos!

I, for one, absolutely can not believe what a dirt and grime magnet the back of my Gen 1 is. I have washed it at the car wash, driven home (3 miles, low speed) and had to wipe the tail end back off again. Now we've had multiple days of rain driving and you can't even see out of my lower rear window.. ugh.

Wash it at home. Then hand dry. Take pictures. Problem avoided for a little longer time frame.

·
Registered
638 Posts
For normal everyday dust, I use a california duster, works great and extends wash times..

·
Registered
501 Posts
For normal everyday dust, I use a california duster, works great and extends wash times..
Plus one, exclamation mark. Long enough now?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Lets have some photos!

And my problem is that, for some reason, the car wash doesn't do a very good job of cleaning the rear end. I have to use one of their bug brushes and brush the rear of my car before it enters the tunnel.

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
And my problem is that, for some reason, the car wash doesn't do a very good job of cleaning the rear end. I have to use one of their bug brushes and brush the rear of my car before it enters the tunnel.
So many great elemental opportunities going to waste here...

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
That snow picture really tells the tale. It would've been great if Chevy could have designed the spoiler to help eliminate that. Does anyone know if this was fixed in generation two?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
My 2009 Chevy Equinox has a wing-like spoiler that spills air from the roof downward over the rear window and hatch, creating a vortex while driving so it never gathers road dust or dirt. It does have a rear wiper, but I only need it when it rians.

Hard to believe this is still a surprise to anyone. Volt isn't the only car that does this and it's not a new phenomena

·
Registered
13,558 Posts

I'd rather not have the deflector hurt my MPG with more wind resistance and just deal with washing the car more.

·
Registered
501 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts