GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May seem like an odd question, but when I bought my 2017, I did not ask for, nor pay for the premium sound package. But, when I got home with the car and looked at the "sticker" which had the features/price, etc - it indicated I had the Dolby Premium sound package. Is there I way to know by inspection if I have this? # of speakers? I can't find 8 speakers - only 7 that I can find (6 in the car + what looks like a sub-woofer in the hatch).

·
Registered
247 Posts
Bose premium sound is standard on the Premier trim and can be added as an option on the LT trim.
If you have a subwoofer, it's premium. You should see Bose options (e.g. CenterPoint) in the DSP mode audio settings for the sound system.

Which trim package do you have?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a premier with the Bose system, but was never been able to find any Bose or DSP settings. I read about them in the infotainment manual, but since that's generic to multiple Chevy's, I just assumed that the Volt didn't have those options. Can you tell me where to find them?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a premier with the Bose system, but was never been able to find any Bose or DSP settings. I read about them in the infotainment manual, but since that's generic to multiple Chevy's, I just assumed that the Volt didn't have those options. Can you tell me where to find them?
I see the DSP settings on page 17 of the PDF version of the manual provided by Chevrolet Customer Support. Isn't in the menu on the car's settings?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The manual says "if equipped" about the DSP settings. If it is in the car's menu settings, I haven't found it. That is why I assumed the Volt premier system didn't have that feature. Can anyone with the Bose system tell me where in the car's menu to find these settings?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
May seem like an odd question, but when I bought my 2017, I did not ask for, nor pay for the premium sound package. But, when I got home with the car and looked at the "sticker" which had the features/price, etc - it indicated I had the Dolby Premium sound package. Is there I way to know by inspection if I have this? # of speakers? I can't find 8 speakers - only 7 that I can find (6 in the car + what looks like a sub-woofer in the hatch).
Be assured that if it is there you did pay for it.
On the other hand, if you can't hear the difference, you don't really need it.

KNS

·
Registered
431 Posts
The only Bose or DSP settings I know of are found if you hit 'Audio' from the main center-display menu then 'Menu' on the far right followed by 'Tone Settings'. That will give you a crude equalizer (bass, midrange and treble) plus the ability to place the sound (left to right, forward to back). It also has a default 'Talk' option.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Bose premium sound is standard on the Premier trim and can be added as an option on the LT trim.
If you have a subwoofer, it's premium. You should see Bose options (e.g. CenterPoint) in the DSP mode audio settings for the sound system.

Which trim package do you have?
No. The Volt Bose setup doesn't have any of those settings. The printed manuals for this car are total crap. GM should be ashamed of these manuals.

Yes...on some other car than a Volt.

I see the DSP settings on page 17 of the PDF version of the manual provided by Chevrolet Customer Support. Isn't in the menu on the car's settings?
No. The manual is lying.

I have a 2017 LT with the Bose option. As far as I can tell, all it has is a "sub-woofer". I placed the sub in quotes because it's not really big (or powerful) enough to add smooth low-end augmentation. It's fairly boomy and not very satisfying, even after cranking it way down. I never listened to the base, non-Bose setup...but now I wish I had before spending the extra money on this. I don't know how much worse it could have been.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I tested both. The Bose was slightly louder. Both were tonally flat. The old saying "No highs, no lows, it must be Bose" held true, yet again. I'll look into better after market solutions eventually. Hopefully I can find a way to re-add HD Radio as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I tested both. The Bose was slightly louder. Both were tonally flat. The old saying "No highs, no lows, it must be Bose" held true, yet again. I'll look into better after market solutions eventually. Hopefully I can find a way to re-add HD Radio as well.
If you figure out a way to upgrade it, let us know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts