GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would hope that it's for some aspect of servicing it, as I couldn't think of a reason to disable it for normal driving. I don't even think it'll work without power. I don't think the diagram in that linked article is correct - I don't think there's a direct connection from the steering wheel to the drivetrain, although I could be wrong.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Is there a fuse I can pull? I read the fuse diagram for all four fuse boxes, but none stood out as the obvious one.
Unplug it. It's going to code no matter how you do it. The dealer will know you've been dinking with it via history logs. It will also show up in the black box if you're trying to file a lawsuit by crashing.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
It'll steer without power, but it won't be easy. Now, a question, why would you want to disable it? I would imagine if it's for service, you may want to disable the traction battery.

·
Administrator
20,215 Posts
Yes, this is an odd request given the lack of reason. Next up, how can I disable the brakes?

Perhaps the OP has a very specific person they plan to give the car to. One they don't like very much.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Seeking accomplices for insurance fraud?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts