GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you Volt owners, how are you using the trip meters?
Do you reset at charge or when on gas or ??
Tell me your ideas!

I have 107 miles and only 2 charge times so far.
Lifetime 229 MPG

EV range 40-45 miles @60+ degrees.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Here's a quick tip no matter how you use them: turn the dial to something else when you bring it through the full service car wash (the kind with real people to vacuum, towel dry, and clean the inside of the car.) Earlier this week I noticed a few miles later that they had reset the trip meter. By accident I'm sure. Good thing I wasn't really tracking anything on it! Same advice probably applies for valet parking!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm using A as my measure of everything since delivery [they didn't reset my stats at the dealer, it is ok though]. And B is just whatever I'll need it for.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's a good tip, thanks!

I use trip A to track miles and mileage from my last fill up (only had one so far). Trip B will be used for normal trip mileage tracking.

Here's a quick tip no matter how you use them: turn the dial to something else when you bring it through the full service car wash (the kind with real people to vacuum, towel dry, and clean the inside of the car.) Earlier this week I noticed a few miles later that they had reset the trip meter. By accident I'm sure. Good thing I wasn't really tracking anything on it! Same advice probably applies for valet parking!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I don't have my Volt yet, but on my car now I use one for oil changes and one for gas fillups.
Since the Volt's engine doesn't have much to do with mileage (if most miles are EV), it keeps seperate track of oil life. In addition to odo A and odo B there's a select for percent of oil life left.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have two questions. The manual is not too clear on this.
If I use A for lifetime, when I switch to B for a trip, does A continue to accumulate miles etc?
Can I reset B without disturbing A, and how should I do that?
I do not want to experiment, since I don't want to risk loseing data in A.
Les

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have two questions. The manual is not too clear on this.
If I use A for lifetime, when I switch to B for a trip, does A continue to accumulate miles etc?
Can I reset B without disturbing A, and how should I do that?
I do not want to experiment, since I don't want to risk loseing data in A.
Les
To put it simply, both Trip A and Trip B are ALWAYS counting up. The only way to change that is by resetting one. If you reset B, A will still be counting just fine, and vice versa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts