GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would definitely keep my Volt past the lease if this were to pass. I have found this to be the most useful feature of the car. Having the stickers saves me 2.5 hours a week that I can now spend at home with the kids.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this. Not knowing how state legislature works, will this bill have to go to a popular vote?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I might actually register to vote if this was something I could vote on!

·
Registered
230 Posts
It's funny how excited people get when they can vote on free stuff for themselves.

There's no way it'll be extended 10 years. If anything got extended for such a long time, it'd be the white stickers rather than the green ones.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's funny how excited people get when they can vote on free stuff for themselves.

There's no way it'll be extended 10 years. If anything got extended for such a long time, it'd be the white stickers rather than the green ones.
The yellow ones were extended the first time their expiration date came up. I also think they were extended a second time, too (but not 100% on that)

Of course the extension(s) wasn't ten years, obviously.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hmm... my Florida HOV sticker has been on my car for less than 6 months and it's almost illegible already. Can't imagine a sticker that's supposed to last (physically) 10 years!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm... my Florida HOV sticker has been on my car for less than 6 months and it's almost illegible already. Can't imagine a sticker that's supposed to last (physically) 10 years!
The older California yellow ones are still on cars today (most are legible). Those were initially issued back in the early to mid-2000's <?>

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just to clarify, the tag itself is still 100% visible as an HOV tag, but the printed expiration date has faded in the Florida sun to be nearly illegible. I've been told that I need to go back to the tag agency to get them to issue me a replacement, but I don't relish that thought given the massive hassle I went through to get the tag in the first place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts