GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3,689 Posts
Honda's hybrid-lite strategy seems too weak for success. I think they sum it up nicely with their words:

"And he says he's skeptical of plug-in hybrids, which can be recharged using home electricity. Battery technology, Kato says, simply isn't ready. "

Hello?! The Volt is on it's way. If you don't get on it now you will be way behind. It is my feeling that the CEO is just convinced about the hydrogen car being the future. To him the hybrid is just a short-term waste of money. He is doing it to grab some piece of the pie but with a tiny system that users will not even know is there.

Honda will be fine because they have a great line-up of fuel efficient cars and engines. They could simply move their Japanese line of cars to America and be a decade ahead (assuming the US relaxes safety regulations in the face of extreme gas prices - something I think will happen if things get bad enough). However, I just want to slap the guy so that he wakes up! They could build such a sweet plug-in hybrid. They have amazingly talented engineers. What a waste!

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Texas,

I expect Honda might be a good take over bid in about 10 years, when PHEV's and PFCV's overtake fuel efficient cars, HEV's and FCV's.

If they act now, they could buy Fisker, who has a qualified Tier 1 autosupplier providing the subsystems for that plug-in vehicle. That would be excellent synergy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts