GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1)

Request Holden issue a free update to put speed limits on the NAV and also allow a programmable over speed warning. Finally spent time (a lot of time to only discover even posted speed is not able to be activated!)

We Australians are missing the US NAV speed display feature and that is important in our speed camera crazy state.

The Volt is 65K AUD car on the road and person at work has just purchased a Toyota 86 39K AUD (Great deal on road) & The Toyota comes with audible spoken over speed adjustable warnings!

Not happy GMH - What am I supposed to do ?
Plug my old TOMTOM in for the over speed beeps or to see the limit like in my 2001 car.
(If you join onto a road in an area your not familiar with you may assume it's 80 K/ph when in fact it might be a 60!)
Haven't got caught in the Volt as I have to be extra careful!

2)
Update the Charger so it doesn't throw the POD3E with a "check engine light" for a power companies overnight switch over.

3)
No OnStar in Australia - so how about showing vehicle messages with a "check engine light"
(Silly to throw a check light and have no further information without a scan tool - I own a scan tool and a service manual with DTC's - but how about the average family?)

I like my Volt a lot, but why they did't have the Holden Volt setup locally with a group of car guys instead of what looks like the work of some engineering accountant has got me miffed!
(Would of been just better to take what either US or UK have got with the Ampera and made it work in Australia?)

Apologies for being a tad harsh of our local version of the product, but the people who are getting paid big bucks at GM should have had these things sorted or am wrong to shed light onto these issues.

Cheers,
Martin

·
Registered
32 Posts
Equal frustration

Hi Martin,

I'm in SA and I actually enquired about an update, Holden direct don't seem to have the foggiest and have setup a 'case note' spoke to local dealer, only one choice in SA and he has not actually seems one ever, no knowledge but will look into it, says it's a spare parts item on a CD, it's very frustrating I can tell you to have a next to useless SatNav, compared to my current model Mazda 6 Atenza were I can go on line to Mazda Connect and get free downloads which occur every month or so, for free for next 3 years, not as good even as my iPhone Tom Tom which is brilliant!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I certainly will do, are you in Australia or overseas, I'm in Adelaide South Australia and this has a bearing on updates obviously?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good Morning Volt Lovers,
I am in Outter Melbourne Victoria
I have just brought a 2014 Volt.
How did this update situation pan out ?
I am keen for an update to the GPS maps.

Duncan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts