GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I clipped a deer on the way to work this morning. It blew off the cover on the mirror, fortunately, I was able to get that back on. However, the molding is now raised up and rups on the front fender when I open the door. In doing searches only thing I see is that I have to remove mirror maybe to get it set back in? I tried to push it in with no luck. Any ideas?

IMG_20181005_080054v2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's likely that the bracket under there is bent, so the moulding doesn't match the contour it was formed to fit.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
You will need to remove the inside panel of the door to unmount the mirror.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Lucky, a deer ran into the side of my Volt, last year, dimpling both doors. Rather than pull out the dents, insurance paid to replace both doors, $3000!
I clipped a deer on the way to work this morning. It blew off the cover on the mirror, fortunately, I was able to get that back on. However, the molding is now raised up and rups on the front fender when I open the door. In doing searches only thing I see is that I have to remove mirror maybe to get it set back in? I tried to push it in with no luck. Any ideas?

View attachment 155753

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
It comes off easily fortunately. There's even a YouTube video about it, go figure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts