GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else have this happen? The dash icon went on after I hit the pot hole with the front left tire. I expected the wheel to be damaged but everything was ok. I do keep the tire pressure about 44 psi - don't know if that helped. As many know, this is what us in the NE deal with each spring!

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Any one else have this happen? The dash icon went on after I hit the pot hole with the front left tire. I expected the wheel to be damaged but everything was ok. I do keep the tire pressure about 44 psi - don't know if that helped. As many know, this is what us in the NE deal with each spring!
what model year? the door was redesigned for '14. I hit a massive, bottomless, bone jarring, suspension bottoming, pothole with the left front tire a few months ago with no charging door opening... on a '13

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what model year? the door was redesigned for '14. I hit a massive, bottomless, bone jarring, suspension bottoming, pothole with the left front tire a few months ago with no charging door opening... on a '13
I have a 2011. First time it happened. Not a big deal but wondered if others had the same experience. Thx for your response - hope your car was ok!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Had this happen yesterday going through the car wash... I was praying it'd still be there after I got through the wash.... And it was.

Relief.....

Sent from the bushes... Outside your bedroom window...

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
Just yesterday I was backing out of my garage, and the tiny bump between the garage and driveway caused mine to open. I figured I didn't latch it securely.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
My entire outlet assembly was replaced in the beginning of the year due to a cracked plastic insulator. With the original, I eventually had to really push in the door to insure a latch, or it would spring open when I was driving. With the new assembly, I can push in with a feather touch and the latch engages. They definitely redesigned the clearances to make it better.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Had this happen yesterday going through the car wash... I was praying it'd still be there after I got through the wash.... And it was.

Relief.....

Sent from the bushes... Outside your bedroom window...
I lost both my charger and gas doors in the wash - dryer phase. The disc part can be blown off the gate. I always get out and check both now. The attendant says it happens with other GM cars too.

3,608 Posts
I apologize you’re having this concern; I recommend contacting your local dealership if this continues to happen. If you need further assistance or have further questions please reach out to our Advisor Team.

Erica, Chevrolet EV Customer Service

·
Registered
311 Posts
My charge door does not open, but hitting potholes gently and even expansion joints on bridges causes a low traction message to appear on my console.

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
My charge door does not open, but hitting potholes gently and even expansion joints on bridges causes a low traction message to appear on my console.
I'd say check your tires. I get this all the time in the winter when there is little traction and once in awhile when I get wheel spin either accelerating or decelerating over bumps or on gravel, but if it happens all the time it's either balding tires or world suspension components.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts